Not bad for Year Two of the regime

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
What the hell, the game was decided over a 120 second stretch in the second half.

By most accounts, this season was a success. Not much more you can say about that.

Funny thing is, this is as BAD as the Minnesota Gophers are going to be for a long long time. The future for this program is as bright as can be.

What the hell, the game was decided over a 120 second stretch in the second half.

By most accounts, this season was a success. Not much more you can say about that.

Funny thing is, this is as BAD as the Minnesota Gophers are going to be for a long long time. The future for this program is as bright as can be.

I agree with you ... but ... we essentially have the same team coming back. Yes, plus talented newcomers. But I'm interested to see where all the pieces fit next year. I don't see us being dramatically better (like a top 4 NCAA seed) if Westbrook is our continued go to guy. I like him - I think he plays hard - he won the Sconnie game - I think he's a good kid ... but I hate his game.

We need Hoff to find the stroke next year and the bigs to improve. Royce and Trevor have to play, and Rodney probably not far behind although he'll need some seasoning. The competition will be good but Tubster has a lot to sort through.

I agree with you ... but ... we essentially have the same team coming back. Yes, plus talented newcomers. But I'm interested to see where all the pieces fit next year. I don't see us being dramatically better (like a top 4 NCAA seed) if Westbrook is our continued go to guy. I like him - I think he plays hard - he won the Sconnie game - I think he's a good kid ... but I hate his game.

We need Hoff to find the stroke next year and the bigs to improve. Royce and Trevor have to play, and Rodney probably not far behind although he'll need some seasoning. The competition will be good but Tubster has a lot to sort through.

It depends if anyone gets better or not. Still, I don't think there was even one player who played near the top of their game offensively this year. So, just by pure statistical chance, we'd almost HAVE to be better next year.

It depends if anyone gets better or not. Still, I don't think there was even one player who played near the top of their game offensively this year. So, just by pure statistical chance, we'd almost HAVE to be better next year.

Correct ... I think we'll be better. But, I think what we are itching for is that power team that gets a high seed and gives you a real sense of hope in the tourney. I'm not sure if next year is that year ... but we'll see in a year I guess.

I think we are two years away from a Power Run (being a 4 seed or higher), UNLESS everything just comes together and that is Hoff returns to shooting the ball well, Sampson and White are major impacts downlow, DJ does what he does best and that is playing D, and Nolen or some other PG manages games better this year, along with driving to the hole.

Do these things and we will finish top 3-4 in the big ten. Still think we are two years away from a strong team that makes a Sweet 16-Elite 8 type run.

Top Bottom