Norwood Teague on Jerry Kill as a recruiter: "Oh gosh, I think he’s terrific."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Norwood Teague on Jerry Kill as a recruiter: "Oh gosh, I think he’s terrific."

per a Q&A in the Daily:

Coach [Jerry] Kill’s football recruiting class ranked 62nd in the NCAA and 13th in the Big Ten by ESPN. How would you grade Kill’s recruiting abilities?

Oh gosh, I think he’s terrific. He and his staff are incredible with going out and evaluating talent that is maybe underrated. They’ve proven that while they’ve been here. They’ve proven it at Northern Illinois, and they are the best I’ve ever seen at that, so I wouldn’t pay attention to rankings. It’ll be another great class.

Do you think the new facilities would enhance his recruitment?

I think it will help with certain prospects, and with others, it might not be as large of a factor. But Jerry and his staff have a great way of finding talented football players that are great in high school that end up translating to the college game. And that’s really difficult with football because you sign 25 kids. They say if you bat 50 percent, you’ve done very well. And he’s usually over that.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/2015/03/09/athletics-director-teague-talks-new-track-recruiting

Go Gophers!!

Is it just me?

per a Q&A in the Daily:

Coach [Jerry] Kill’s football recruiting class ranked 62nd in the NCAA and 13th in the Big Ten by ESPN. How would you grade Kill’s recruiting abilities?

Oh gosh, I think he’s terrific. He and his staff are incredible with going out and evaluating talent that is maybe underrated. They’ve proven that while they’ve been here. They’ve proven it at Northern Illinois, and they are the best I’ve ever seen at that, so I wouldn’t pay attention to rankings. It’ll be another great class.

Do you think the new facilities would enhance his recruitment?

I think it will help with certain prospects, and with others, it might not be as large of a factor. But Jerry and his staff have a great way of finding talented football players that are great in high school that end up translating to the college game. And that’s really difficult with football because you sign 25 kids. They say if you bat 50 percent, you’ve done very well. And he’s usually over that.

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/2015/03/09/athletics-director-teague-talks-new-track-recruiting

Go Gophers!!

Every time I read something from Norwood...he says absolutely nothing. Somebody on here said he'd be a good used car salesman. Not one piece of news. He's had weeks to prepare his thoughts and comments about Dean Smith...I'm left wondering if he really knows who Dean Smith was. "Can't pinpoint one thing"...maybe rattle off two then? "Great guy" thanks for the insight.
About track:
Has there been any progress on deciding the facility for the track team?

"We’re working on it every day, and we’re exploring our options. We feel good about where we’re at. We’re exploring a lot of different angles, and I think we’ll be in a good place in the end."

Is it safe to say the team will practice at another college in the area?

"Well, we’re working on some temporary options that are really broad, I guess we’ll say. We’re going to be in good shape."

Never mind the carfax says it was in a rollover, then underwater for a week in a 100 year flood or that it has had two rebuilt engines. Norwood would give you his track responses above and and tell you he cant' pinpoint just one thing that makes it such a great car. And smile a lot.

Every time I read something from Norwood...he says absolutely nothing. Somebody on here said he'd be a good used car salesman. Not one piece of news. He's had weeks to prepare his thoughts and comments about Dean Smith...I'm left wondering if he really knows who Dean Smith was. "Can't pinpoint one thing"...maybe rattle off two then? "Great guy" thanks for the insight.
About track:
Has there been any progress on deciding the facility for the track team?

"We’re working on it every day, and we’re exploring our options. We feel good about where we’re at. We’re exploring a lot of different angles, and I think we’ll be in a good place in the end."

Is it safe to say the team will practice at another college in the area?

"Well, we’re working on some temporary options that are really broad, I guess we’ll say. We’re going to be in good shape."

Never mind the carfax says it was in a rollover, then underwater for a week in a 100 year flood or that it has had two rebuilt engines. Norwood would give you his track responses above and and tell you he cant' pinpoint just one thing that makes it such a great car. And smile a lot.

Teague is a master of saying lots of words with little to no content of any kind attached to them.

Top Bottom