Northwestern wins — again

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Someone needs to remind the Wildcats that they aren't supposed to be this good. Damn! These guys are simply rolling over teams in power conferences. They are 9-1 with wins against Notre Dame, Iowa State, North Carolina State and most recently Stanford. I think its going to be a nice fight between the Gophers and Wildcats for the final NCAA tournament bid from the Big 10.
Thompson, who leads the team at 17 PPG, is canning more than 40 percent from deep and Shura is putting in 15 points and 8 rebounds per night. Average score this season: Northwestern 71, Opposition 59.
By the way, NU's only loss was to Butler (of all teams).

Wow lowering expectations to fighting for the last at large spot out of the Big Ten? Yuck. Hope the squad proves you wrong and gives us more to cheer about than that.

their non conference

their non conference looks pretty good. hopefully we can withstand that snail pace they will force us to play.

The Gophers would be undefeated against those teams. I'm not overly impressed.

In other news, Illinois just lost to a very mediocre Georgia squad.

With Illinois and Michigan looking weaker than expected and Ohio State losing Turner I honestly think the Gophers won't have a problem making the tournament.

"Really not that impressive wins. Let's see how they do in the BT."

As opposed to the Gophers' impressive wins over Butler and who else. ..........?

I'd say the jury is still out on both clubs, but much moreso the Gophers.

hmmmmmmm

nc state is 8-1 and nw won at nc state. notre dame is 9-2, and iowa state is 7-3. we beat butler who is 7-3.

time will tell but I have to say theirs out shines ours a bit so far. IMHO.

And NC state beat Elon by 3, Notre Dame lost to Loyola Marymount at home. Iowa State may actually be a good win by the end of the season.

yup

And NC state beat Elon by 3, Notre Dame lost to Loyola Marymount at home. Iowa State may actually be a good win by the end of the season.

Obviously our only meaningful win is Butler. Butler ironically won at Northwestern by 13.

Time will tell.

In other news, Illinois just lost to a very mediocre Georgia squad.

With Illinois and Michigan looking weaker than expected and Ohio State losing Turner I honestly think the Gophers won't have a problem making the tournament.

don't bother trying to reason. it is better to just let biggopherfan wallow in his self-inflicted misery. he seems to like it better thay way anyways. ;)

As opposed to the Gophers' impressive wins over Butler and who else. ..........?

I definitely think the jury is out on both clubs, but wouldn't not say "much moreso" for the Gophers.

Minnesota has played five teams in the RPI Top 110. Northwestern has played two teams in the RPI Top 110. Minnesota's SOS is #71. Northwestern's SOS is #137. Minnesota's RPI is #64. Northwestern's RPI is #54.

Minnesota's most impressive win came against Butler (RPI #30). Butler beat Northwestern by double digits. Minnesota has a one-point loss to Texas A&M (RPI #14), and a close road loss to Miami (RPI #79). The other loss to Portland (RPI #62).

Northwestern's "impressive" wins - NC State (RPI #46), Notre Dame (RPI #102), Iowa State (RPI #137), and Stanford (RPI #199). Nothing too earth shattering there.

I'd say these two are on close to identical planes heading into conference play. If anyone has a slight edge, it is MN, IMHO. But, very slight.

Did I say the Gopher's wins were better...? Did I compare them to the Gophers at all.........? All I was saying was that Northwestern has proven they can beat teams that aren't that good and I will wait until the BT to judge whether I'm impressed. I'm pretty sure if the Gopher's had that same schedule they would have just as good of a record.

Top Bottom