NORTHWESTERN ROAD TRIP!!!

MrGopher

The Anti-Sioux
Reaction score
My group is leaving friday morning for ChiTown!!

Who's gonna be there???

No sadly im not. My father and I were planning on a possible trip. But seeing weve drove 3 hours the past two weekends he decided that 3 weeks would be to much. It would have been fun, my sister lives down there and she would have came to the game with us if we elected to go down. I love chicago and its a great city. If you get a chance on friday night at 1030 try to go to the comedy club "Apollo Theater on Lincoln ave." its like 5 blocks off the redline stop fullerton. The comedy show is called Baby Wants Candy and its hilarious. Check it out. 15 bucks or if you bring a student ID you can get in for 5.

Actually, if we do anything special on Friday Night, it will be the Wild-Blackhawks preseason game.

The wife, son and I are leaving Thursday night. Love Chicago. We are soaking in the game and also have tickets Saturday night to see the Blue Man Group.

Will be leaving Friday after work. Will be our first time to Evanston! Hoping to get decent tickets outside the stadium.

Day off Friday, but it's payday so gotta stop in briefly to pick up the check ( I am aware there is direct deposit but choose not to use it ). Since I blew a lot of money on my Syracuse trip, I'm driving down. Not sure about accomodations yet, perhaps I'll sleep in the back of my Versa in an overnite tailgate lot. I do like the atmosphere at NW and being so close to the action in their stadium. We've got a lot of speed on this team and if we can figure out how to use it, we'll be ok. I'd like to see Gray and Whaley in the mix more at NW. Go Gophers! ( If anybody wants to ride shotgun and split gas and a hotel room, let me know.

Group of Four

going down to Evanston. Maybe hit up Tommy Nevins Pub Friday nite to watch the Twins. Sat morning were doing a little Tailgating in one of the free lots. Next, we're watching the Gophers blow out the Wildcats and than we're heading down to the Dave Matthews Band concert.

Free lots? Where might those be?
Anyone else tailgating?

Took off Friday and Monday. Wife and I will be heading down Friday. Will stay at the same hotel that the Sota Social is at. On Saturday and Sunday we'll be staying downtown by Navy Pier. We plan on going to the Tigers/Sox game on Sunday. Hopefully the Twins are still in contention...but it'll be wierd to cheer for the Sox.

My 8 year old and I are leaving after school on Friday. His first road trip. Not sure who is more excited, me or him.

4 of us leaving Thursday, staying in Wrigleyville/Lincoln Park. Taking the train to the game and back. Was there (albeit late) in 2003 when we blew them out and hoping for a repeat this year, after yesterday that possibility is better.

Chicago is easier to fly to than Minneapolis, so of course I'll be there. We owe the Cats big time.

I think the wife and I are going to fly down on Friday night and will be staying in Chicago. It'll be our first trip to Evanston. Are the transportation options from DT Chicago to Ryan Field pretty decent or are we better off renting a car?

The Red/Purple lines will get you from downtown to within a few blocks of the stadium. No need for the rental car.

My group is leaving friday morning for ChiTown!!

Who's gonna be there???

Alltimetwinsfan and I will be in the grand old Congress hotel downtown. I will be dreaming of golden victories. Alltime will be dreaming of the ghosts that allegedly inhabit the century old hotel.

phototour_01.jpg

Will be there with a group of four from Minneapolis, meeting up with a group of 8-10 from Chicago/Milwaukee area.

I know glovedgopher and his group is down, but maybe we should determine a specific free lot that we'd all like to tailgate in.

I know glovedgopher and his group is down, but maybe we should determine a specific free lot that we'd all like to tailgate in.

Sounds like a great idea. Let's identify a lot and rock it up before game time. :clap:

Will be there with a group of four from Minneapolis, meeting up with a group of 8-10 from Chicago/Milwaukee area.

Parkinglotgopher, from looking at Google Earth, I think it was the Tech lot we parked in last time. I could be wrong.

Looks like rain. 40% chance of rain on the 26th. I'm okay with that!! :)

Parkinglotgopher, from looking at Google Earth, I think it was the Tech lot we parked in last time. I could be wrong.

I tried looking up some of these listed lots (from the PDF above) on Google Maps Street View, but either I'm doing a really terrible job of locating the specifics on these or the maps in the PDF aren't that great. I tried to find the tech lot, went all around the block created by Church, Judson, Davis and Hinman and didn't see anything that looked like a suitable lot.

Also, last time, weren't we right across the street from a shuttle stop for their buses? I don't think the tech lot features that.

The overall point here, despite what I've written, is I'm down with any lot really, as long as we all want to meet up there.

I tried looking up some of these listed lots (from the PDF above) on Google Maps Street View, but either I'm doing a really terrible job of locating the specifics on these or the maps in the PDF aren't that great. I tried to find the tech lot, went all around the block created by Church, Judson, Davis and Hinman and didn't see anything that looked like a suitable lot.

Also, last time, weren't we right across the street from a shuttle stop for their buses? I don't think the tech lot features that.

The overall point here, despite what I've written, is I'm down with any lot really, as long as we all want to meet up there.

It was right across the street form a shuttle stop. I just remember a church and it being by houses. Whatever, let's pick a lot and start the party.

We parked in the Garrett lot two years ago, and it was fine. We took a couple beers and walked over to Lake Michigan, and took in the view of downtown Chicago.

The tech lot looks bigger, so if we're packing the place with maroon and gold, that might be the way to go.

Top Bottom