Northern Iowa Loses

restovich

Reaction score
After a 25-5 season and a regular season conference title, Northern Iowa just lost in the Missouri Valley Tournament quarterfinals......

They got pumped. Jacobson already packed his bags to come to MN.

So which mid-major conference quarterfinal loser are we going to poach?

So which mid-major conference quarterfinal loser are we going to poach?
At least he didn't lose a close game. If you lose a close game you are out of the sweepstakes. We have had it with that. :)

Interesting stats on that game. UNI has amazing shooting stats something like 46%fg and 39% 3 point shooting and they shot about 20% today or something like that. Bad day.

Jacobson would be an excellent hire and you wouldn't have to break the bank either. He's in my top 5 to replace Richard (how's that Beeg?:D).

Jacobson would be an excellent hire and you wouldn't have to break the bank either. He's in my top 5 to replace Richard (how's that Beeg?:D).
I like Jacobson. Good sound coach. High floor, low ceiling? Not sure.

Much better with the "Richard" - excellent Les! You da man! Never kick on man when he is down..... unless it is a vicious leftist on the OT board. There- how can one help but do it? :)

I like Jacobson. Good sound coach. High floor, low ceiling? Not sure.

Much better with the "Richard" - excellent Les! You da man! Never kick on man when he is down..... unless it is a vicious leftist on the OT board. There- how can one help but do it? :)

#Coachable

He’d have to be willing to leave. He’s solid but I don’t think he has the upside of others like a Forbes or Smith

He’d have to be willing to leave. He’s solid but I don’t think he has the upside of others like a Forbes or Smith
This is his dream job. Musselman is who I want if we change, or even better go big and pay what it takes to get a big name like Gregg Marshall. I am worried that Smith is a "one of us" guy who is going to be asked to take a huge step up in recruiting and competition. What was Forbe's role in the cheating at Tennessee?

No doubt Coyle is well aware of him
because of his ties to Iowa.

lousy coach ...got crushed by drake in a must win Money game....never cut it at the U

This is his dream job. Musselman is who I want if we change, or even better go big and pay what it takes to get a big name like Gregg Marshall. I am worried that Smith is a "one of us" guy who is going to be asked to take a huge step up in recruiting and competition. What was Forbe's role in the cheating at Tennessee?
Marshall turned down really good jobs at 4 million and the Hunts provided a giant annuity. Plus he and his family love it where they are. Low profile,less obligations.

I'd argue Smith has won at tougher jobs than UNI or Nevada. The one of us worry is valid, but can coach. Forbes involvement was that he was there. Pearl committed the violation. He's been forgiven can't see why Forbes wouldn't be.

He's been there a long time. Loyal? Never had a chance to move despite multiple NCAA chances?

Jacobson would be a very "meh" hire.

Marshall turned down really good jobs at 4 million and the Hunts provided a giant annuity. Plus he and his family love it where they are. Low profile,less obligations.
Annuities!

I'd argue Smith has won at tougher jobs than UNI or Nevada. The one of us worry is valid, but can coach. Forbes involvement was that he was there. Pearl committed the violation. He's been forgiven can't see why Forbes wouldn't be.
Is this kid Neemias Queta good enough to play Big Ten ball? Soph from Portugal, 7-1, maybe follows Smith.... :) I will be interested to watch Utah State play SDSU today...

Less obligations in what sense? Public appearances/PR, that type of thing?

Certainly not less pressure ("obligation", if that's what you meant?) to win. Wichita is a hardcore basketball school that demands winning. And they won the MVC regular season 5 of the last 6 years they were in the conference -- naturally the one year they got 2nd is the year they went to final four. Tourny all four years, 1 final four, 1 sweet sixteen, and 3 round of 32.

Have come down a bit since joining the AAC.

Is this kid Neemias Queta good enough to play Big Ten ball? Soph from Portugal, 7-1, maybe follows Smith.... :) I will be interested to watch Utah State play SDSU today...
MWC defender and freshman of the year, last season.

He is only a (true) Soph this year. I doubt he can grad transfer yet. Maybe he could get a waiver somehow to follow Smith here? Otherwise, there's always the old fashioned sit out and take a redshirt year.

Now, if Smith doesn't come until next year ....... then I would think Queta could grad transfer here. :D

Top Bottom