North Carolina on FOX; Rhode Island 11AM on Peacock

FireDaveLee

Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
1717094173310.png

Looks to be on Fox (wasn't 100% for sure; was talk about FS1).

Also, Rhode Island game announced as an 11AM game on Peacock.

The Big Ten conference and its television partners announced today start times for five University of Minnesota football games in the upcoming 2024 season.

The games announced were Minnesota's nonconference contests against North Carolina, Rhode Island and Nevada, as well as Homecoming against Maryland and the annual border battle against Wisconsin.

Minnesota will kick off the season when it hosts North Carolina at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29 on FOX.

The Gophers will play Rhode Island at home at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7 and host Nevada at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 14. The Rhode Island game will be on Peacock, while the Nevada game will be on Big Ten Network.

Minnesota will welcome Maryland to Huntington Bank Stadium for Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 26. That game will start at either 11 a.m., 2:30 p.m. or 3 p.m. and the television broadcast partner will be announced later.

The annual border battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe will take place at 11 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 29 this year in Madison, Wis., and will be broadcast on CBS.

Go Gophers!!

I believe Peacock still has a promo going on where it's just $19.99 for a full year. My sick daughter wanted to watch Migration the other day and saw the promo so went ahead and got it. Would probably get it for at least one football game and a few basketball games so it's worth it I guess to have it for a full year.

I believe Peacock still has a promo going on where it's just $19.99 for a full year. My sick daughter wanted to watch Migration the other day and saw the promo so went ahead and got it. Would probably get it for at least one football game and a few basketball games so it's worth it I guess to have it for a full year.
When gophers play @ Notre Dame for hockey it's usually on Peacock as well if that matters to you at all.

The Big Ten conference and its television partners announced today start times for five University of Minnesota football games in the upcoming 2024 season.

The games announced were Minnesota's nonconference contests against North Carolina, Rhode Island and Nevada, as well as Homecoming against Maryland and the annual border battle against Wisconsin.

Minnesota will kick off the season when it hosts North Carolina at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29 on FOX.

The Gophers will play Rhode Island at home at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 7 and host Nevada at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 14. The Rhode Island game will be on Peacock, while the Nevada game will be on Big Ten Network.

Minnesota will welcome Maryland to Huntington Bank Stadium for Homecoming on Saturday, Oct. 26. That game will start at either 11 a.m., 2:30 p.m. or 3 p.m. and the television broadcast partner will be announced later.

The annual border battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe will take place at 11 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 29 this year in Madison, Wis., and will be broadcast on CBS.

Go Gophers!!
Not to nitpick, but saying the Maryland game will start at 11:00am, 2:30pm or 3:00pm isn't really "announcing a start time."

if the full year of peacock thing is still going, might be worth it. I suspect we'll see more Gopher Men's basketball games on the 'Cock this winter.

and NBC is moving Law & Order: Organized Crime to Peacock only next year. gotta get my Stabler fix.

Not to nitpick, but saying the Maryland game will start at 11:00am, 2:30pm or 3:00pm isn't really "announcing a start time."

I had the same thought, but at least we know it will not be a night game. Helps a little bit with planning.

if the full year of peacock thing is still going, might be worth it. I suspect we'll see more Gopher Men's basketball games on the 'Cock this winter.

and NBC is moving Law & Order: Organized Crime to Peacock only next year. gotta get my Stabler fix.
Maybe you will, but I won't (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Can I get Peacock if my tv provider is Direct TV?

I'm actually really surprised the final game of the year vs Wisconsin has a set time and broadcast channel already. Like guess since divisions are no longer a thing it's not like that game could be the decider for who goes to the championship, but it still might be an exciting game . . .

Is it possible that depending on how the season goes for both teams that the game time and/or broadcast channel will change?

An unfortunate side note: Buffs/Bison same day and kickoff as UNC game. Alabama at Wisconsin. That’s going to be…interesting.

So are we going to have to wait until two weeks before the game to get the UCLA time? That's the significant one that needs to be announced, as it is a more major trip and many will go (including hopefully me), and knowing the time would make travel arrangements much easier.

So are we going to have to wait until two weeks before the game to get the UCLA time? That's the significant one that needs to be announced, as it is a more major trip and many will go (including hopefully me), and knowing the time would make travel arrangements much easier.
Remember the old saying —- man plans, God laughs.

I mean, sure if you don’t mind paying $20 more for it when you’re already paying more than a couple hundred a month for a cable package that includes BTN where they should have all the games. The Big Ten gets multiple millions of dollars from the BTN you’d think that would be enough to broadcast the games not picked up by the other channels they also get multiple millions of dollars from. If anything is corporate greed this is it.

I mean, sure if you don’t mind paying $20 more for it when you’re already paying more than a couple hundred a month for a cable package that includes BTN where they should have all the games. The Big Ten gets multiple millions of dollars from the BTN you’d think that would be enough to broadcast the games not picked up by the other channels they also get multiple millions of dollars from. If anything is corporate greed this is it.
My point was if you're someone that is going to pick it up for the Gophers football and basketball games, it might make sense to just take advantage of this promo right now as it will cost about the same for an entire year compared to 3 months. If you're someone that doesn't want to, then don't.

Yes very likely. Remember- they seriously don't care about the fans whatsoever. It's not even a consideration on their priority list.

Thanks for tossing out the link. I hadn't thought about the Olympic angle. Definitely worth it when you consider taking in a few evenings of Olympic track domination by the US Men & Women on top of everything else.
In terms of the streaming services, there is nothing that's going to change there. All of our media partners have their own streaming platforms and are looking to drive their subscription base. Sports has become a huge part of that for Peacock when you look at college football and soccer.

the media landscape is more fragmented than ever.

now, we are starting to see some of these streaming services offer a bundled package. If you are a Comcast customer, they are offering a streaming bundle with Netflix, Peacock and Apple TV+ for $15 a month - but you must be a Comcast/Xfinity customer.

there is also a grocery delivery service called Instacart+ which includes a membership to Peacock Premium with its subscription.

My point was if you're someone that is going to pick it up for the Gophers football and basketball games, it might make sense to just take advantage of this promo right now as it will cost about the same for an entire year compared to 3 months. If you're someone that doesn't want to, then don't.
I did this last year (same promo) basically just for one Twins game, but there was other stuff that made it well worth 20 bucks, namely the one NFL payoff game that was only available on Peacock, a couple gopher hoops games, plus it was the only place to stream Oppenheimer. My year runs out in a couple weeks, hopefully I'll get to re-up for 20 bucks for another year.

UNC and Gophers is a huge game with major exposure.

Alabama Wisconsin is enormous.

UNC and Gophers is a huge game with major exposure.

Alabama Wisconsin is enormous.
I'm also interested in that week 2 match-up between Texas and Mich. It will give us a real quick read where that program is minus Harbaugh. They have a ton of talent on that team but we have seen Mich teams underperform despite having talent. The pressure will ramp up on Sherrone Moore quickly if things don't go well. Unlike most of the entire Harbaugh era if things don't go well this year half the team can just jump into the portal and for those that were starters there will be plenty of checks waiting.

Top Bottom