Noreen to UNC?

Interesting to note that in the same Insider list it appears that Robert Sampson (RSIIIs younger brother) has committed to East Carolina.

could someone copy and paste what it said about noreen and robert because i don't have ESPN insider so i can't see it.

Tar Heels contacting big men
With the graduation of Deon Thompson, the departure of Ed Davis to the NBA draft and the transfer of the Wear twins, David and Travis, North Carolina head coach Roy Williams finds himself with a depleted frontcourt heading in to next season.

According to the Winston-Salem Journal, Williams and his staff are targeting some late 2010 prospects who remain uncommitted.

On the list is former Boston College signee Kevin Noreen, who has been in contact with the Tar Heel staff, albeit on a preliminary level, according to his high school coach.

"I think they've (UNC) still got a chance," John Sherman said. "They're like a horse that's back on the rail right now, but certainly a great horse. It would certainly be interesting to him, I know that."

What remains unclear is whether Noreen would be able to sign with North Carolina, after already inking a letter of intent with an ACC school. Sherman claims "about" 40 schools have offered the all-time leading scorer in Minnesota history, including Providence, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Virginia and Arkansas.

The Journal also reports the North Carolina staff has also contacted former Clemson signee Marcus Thornton, who last week listed a final four of Georgia Tech, Georgia, Alabama and Texas.

I would say Noreen is probably about 4th or 5th on UNC's list of potential big man recruits for 2010 and is sort of a fallback option. I know they have been going after Kadeem Jack, Justin Knox, Eloy Vargas and Marcus Thornton, with most of them having visited or scheduled to visit in the near future. It is amzing though how many extra offers kids can get if they stick it out and wait until the very end to commit.

Tar Heels contacting big men
With the graduation of Deon Thompson, the departure of Ed Davis to the NBA draft and the transfer of the Wear twins, David and Travis, North Carolina head coach Roy Williams finds himself with a depleted frontcourt heading in to next season.

According to the Winston-Salem Journal, Williams and his staff are targeting some late 2010 prospects who remain uncommitted.

On the list is former Boston College signee Kevin Noreen, who has been in contact with the Tar Heel staff, albeit on a preliminary level, according to his high school coach.

"I think they've (UNC) still got a chance," John Sherman said. "They're like a horse that's back on the rail right now, but certainly a great horse. It would certainly be interesting to him, I know that."

What remains unclear is whether Noreen would be able to sign with North Carolina, after already inking a letter of intent with an ACC school. Sherman claims "about" 40 schools have offered the all-time leading scorer in Minnesota history, including Providence, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Virginia and Arkansas.

The Journal also reports the North Carolina staff has also contacted former Clemson signee Marcus Thornton, who last week listed a final four of Georgia Tech, Georgia, Alabama and Texas.

where are the guys freaking out that you posted that on here? The Rivals insider d bag always cry when someone copy and pastes from that website. Just proves that espn insider>rivals or at least the people who get it are nicer..

I wonder if Noreen would be comfortable in a Isaiah Dahlman type role at UNC?

Quick update: The Tar Heels got a commitment from Justin Knox, a 6-9, 245-pound power forward, who started 17 games last season at Alabama and averaged 6.3 points and 3.7 rebounds per game. I'm guessing that UNC is no longer an option for Noreen. From what I've read, Noreen has visited Arkansas, Northwestern, Marquette, Indiana, Oklahoma, and Providence so far.

Providence certainly will take guys that can score. Don't know what kind of defender Noreen is, but if he plays no defense, he'll fit right in under Keno Davis.

Don't put too much stock in the offer if NC offers Noreen. NC is desperate to put a jersey on a big man after the Wear twins left. The Wear twins transferred to UCLA....something very very fishy there......... ($$$,$$$?)

( Originally posted to another thread but fits better here.)

Top Bottom