Nobody has mentioned Cal getting spanked again?

Art Vandelay

Banned
Reaction score
They haven't found the end zone since leaving Minneapolis being outscored 72-6.

We are talking about USC. Did you think cal was better than USC??

Don't think anyone mentioned Northwestern winning either....

I think any "shock" over Cal losing to USC probably went out the window when they got demolished by Oregon (which was discussed here).

If we were pointing at Cal as a quality non conference win I might agree with you, but I don't think it matters when we are 3-2 and unranked.

True but a lot of skeptics were impressed with how we handled ourselves against the #6 team in the country.......

I'm sure they're no longer impressed.......

Don't think anyone mentioned Northwestern winning either....

I think any "shock" over Cal losing to USC probably went out the window when they got demolished by Oregon (which was discussed here).

Northwestern beat an absolutely terrible Purdue team. Big deal. I think Purdue had 8 turnovers to help their cause.

blue print

While Cal ran all over our defense in the first half we set the blue print for how to stop there run game in the second half. All the teams that have played Cal since have put in a similar scheme to stop the run of Cal. Then those teams who are far superior in talent to the Gophers handed Cal their lunch.

Didn't Purdue hang with Oregon @ Oregon? So I guess that means that Northwestern is almost as good as Oregon and we beat Northwestern.. So in a word, all of this means nothing. Cal's play right now doesn't mean anything.

Didn't Purdue hang with Oregon @ Oregon? So I guess that means that Northwestern is almost as good as Oregon and we beat Northwestern.. So in a word, all of this means nothing. Cal's play right now doesn't mean anything.

Our "tough loss" is no longer a tough loss.......

I don't understand how fans cannot see the significance of Cal falling off so hard and how it affects our perception. Go back to #11 Purdue in 2005.......

You really can't compare scores and common opponents from week to week and get an honest assessment. It's even harder when teams play NC games in different time zones. Purdue takes Oregon to the wire in Eugene, and then gets stomped at home by N Illinois. Oregon looks outclassed by Boise one week, and a few weeks later they destroy Cal.

Minnesota isn't as bad as many of your fans think today. Next week is a new game.

I don't understand how fans cannot see the significance of Cal falling off so hard and how it affects our perception. Go back to #11 Purdue in 2005.......

It was significant last week, not this week. That's the point some are trying to make. That's why we could care less that Cal got beat by USC.

Are you ( Art) this miserable in real life? Seriously..

sorry thailleagle..i meant to reply to Art and his usual garbage.

In the week-to-week drama of collegiate football, weekly comparisons mean very little relative to prognostications and forecasts. Just look at the pre-season polls and where we are now and anomalies such as Iowa's struggle last weekend after dominating PSU. On any weekend, it's all about game plan/prep and on field execution of mistake-free football.

To a large extent, its on coaching. Close to home, we'll see if Brew has the coaching skills to get the GGs in shape to bounce back and be competitive against a "terrible" Boiler team.

You really can't compare scores and common opponents from week to week and get an honest assessment. It's even harder when teams play NC games in different time zones. Purdue takes Oregon to the wire in Eugene, and then gets stomped at home by N Illinois. Oregon looks outclassed by Boise one week, and a few weeks later they destroy Cal.

Minnesota isn't as bad as many of your fans think today. Next week is a new game.

Agree. Cal getting housed by Oregon and then USC is their problem, not ours.

Are you ( Art) this miserable in real life? Seriously..

sorry thailleagle..i meant to reply to Art and his usual garbage.

No problem, lol.......

We should beat Purdue, depends on which team shows up on both ends.......

yeah now that cal looks like sh*t it puts us keeping up with them in alot more perspective...(not that impressive)

yeah now that cal looks like sh*t it puts us keeping up with them in alot more perspective...(not that impressive)

Pretty much, the fans who can't see this are stuck in Homerville.......

Top Bottom