NO!!!

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
The 2003 debacle vs Michigan will be on Big Ten Network at 10:30 this morning. one of the worst moments of my life.

Kill_it_with_fire_scorpio.gif

It is a pretty safe assumption that if our football team is on television and it isn't a live broadcast an epic defeat is being shown.

I've never watched it. I lived through it live on the radio and I always considered that to be my only silver lining. So, I will keep it that way. I can't bring myself to watch that game.

Schnauzer you deserve a Medal

To have listen to the Game on WCCO with Dave Lee goes beyond the call of duty. A punishing defeat, made unbearable by the call.

What really sticks out to me is...

To have listen to the Game on WCCO with Dave Lee goes beyond the call of duty. A punishing defeat, made unbearable by the call.

was that ridiculous illegal blocking in the back call 40 yards down field on the long scamper. That first down would have iced the game. The worst part was I had turned to my brother at halftime and said "I have a really bad feeling about this" and his saying, " I can feel it too." Then I said, "We are going to lose". Never had I wanted to be wrong more....

I recorded it on my DVR. I haven't seen it since being there live but after 6 years I feel that I am probably ready...I'm a glutton for punishment that way. I'll watch it later.

I remember when MN went up 28-7 midway through the 3rd quarter the guy next to me turned and said "I think it's over!" to which I immediately responded..."No way. It's never over with the Gophers." When Michigan took the lead he looked at me with the most sheepish "I'm sorry if I just jinxed the team" look I have ever seen.

Even when it was 28-7 it just didn't feel right, still felt like we were behind.......

I'd rather the game have been back & forth and we lost, I could deal with that but how they lost is still sickens me to my stomach even 6 years later.......

thanks. they skipped our 4th TD....

Which I didn't like. But I did watch through the AAK 50 yd TD. Our o line and RBs were awesome. I loved watching our boys run all over them.

Couldn't bring myself to watch the last 6 minutes.

Watching screen after screen pass against our D with no pass rush was terrible.

GM

Friday nights are for high school football......Glad we never have to go through that again!

Does anyone know when the BTN will be airing their training camp preview featuring the Gophers?

I recorded it on my DVR. I haven't seen it since being there live but after 6 years I feel that I am probably ready...I'm a glutton for punishment that way. I'll watch it later.

I remember when MN went up 28-7 midway through the 3rd quarter the guy next to me turned and said "I think it's over!" to which I immediately responded..."No way. It's never over with the Gophers." When Michigan took the lead he looked at me with the most sheepish "I'm sorry if I just jinxed the team" look I have ever seen.

Ok...I watched it and I was wrong. I was not ready. Still stings. Once MIchigan kicked the FG I angrily stomped out of the room and told my wife "Yeah, I'm still not over it".

Cool, thank you. I looked on their website earlier, but couldn't track down the schedules. I wonder if the crew will be filming at the scrimmage?
They have been filming drills and talking with things going on in the background during other people's practices and scrimmages. I watched part of the Michigan one yesterday while flipping around during Hazeltine coverage. I hope they replay it because I'll be tailgating or at the scrimmage all day and obviously won't be home to watch it.

Michigan game 2003

yeah, I watched the damn game but not the ending. It was too painful.:cry:

We will get them back in a few years!!

Go Gophers!!

It is a pretty safe assumption that if our football team is on television and it isn't a live broadcast an epic defeat is being shown.

It's not quite so true as it was before the BTN. I watched the wins against Illinois and Indiana recently. But when the Gophers came up on ESPN Classic, I turned the channel fast. It would just be nice to see the Gophers get an epic come from behind win once in a while.

I was at the 2003 Michigan game. It was once of those games where just one more score - or even just one more first down - would have been enough to come out with the win.

Top Bottom