No panic as Hawkeyes insist on minuscule margin from 5-0 to 3-2 - Des Moines Register

Iceland12

Reaction score
Pretty fair assessment in the video from the two writers.

"It may sound repetitive, yet each Hawkeye trotted out to the media on Tuesday remembered a missed opportunity or specific play from the previous Saturday. One good play, then one bad one. Two drives starting with false start penalties. Even botched blocks they want back.

“Some players have off days,” Iowa left guard Boone Myers said when asked about left tackle Cole Croston. “I’m not saying he did. He played really well for most of the game. I made mistakes too. I got beat. James got beat. Everyone got beat. That’s what we need to work on.”

Stacking up Iowa’s smaller problems can make them look more comprehensive. Just see Iowa’s ranking in total offense: 110th out of 128 teams in FBS. Yet Ferentz is still focused on the little things, and his players are following suit. Like a deep incomplete pass to Jerminic Smith one snap before quarterback C.J. Beathard threw a game-sealing interception to Northwestern.

“It was a well-conceived play: The timing was good, execution was good, but we were off a couple inches,” Ferentz said, while extending his arms for an invisible catch past the podium.

“That’s really kind of what we’re talking about.”

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ent-northwestern-north-dakota-state/91629808/

Pretty fair assessment in the video from the two writers.

"It may sound repetitive, yet each Hawkeye trotted out to the media on Tuesday remembered a missed opportunity or specific play from the previous Saturday. One good play, then one bad one. Two drives starting with false start penalties. Even botched blocks they want back.

“Some players have off days,” Iowa left guard Boone Myers said when asked about left tackle Cole Croston. “I’m not saying he did. He played really well for most of the game. I made mistakes too. I got beat. James got beat. Everyone got beat. That’s what we need to work on.”

Stacking up Iowa’s smaller problems can make them look more comprehensive. Just see Iowa’s ranking in total offense: 110th out of 128 teams in FBS. Yet Ferentz is still focused on the little things, and his players are following suit. Like a deep incomplete pass to Jerminic Smith one snap before quarterback C.J. Beathard threw a game-sealing interception to Northwestern.

“It was a well-conceived play: The timing was good, execution was good, but we were off a couple inches,” Ferentz said, while extending his arms for an invisible catch past the podium.

“That’s really kind of what we’re talking about.”

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ent-northwestern-north-dakota-state/91629808/

I'm not saying last year was a total mirage for the Hawkeyes, but I agree with the article that there is a very fine line between winning and losing and things tipped the Hawkeyes way last year and they aren't tipping their way this year. They'll be fired up on Saturday and I imagine it's going to be a hard-hitting game.

I'm not saying last year was a total mirage for the Hawkeyes, but I agree with the article that there is a very fine line between winning and losing and things tipped the Hawkeyes way last year and they aren't tipping their way this year. They'll be fired up on Saturday and I imagine it's going to be a hard-hitting game.

Thought that too.

Top Bottom