No one punts on 4th and goal...

That was the biggest WTF?

I think that Taylor will be a good player, but that kid took a beating today. He didn't deserve to lose 23 rushing yards on that fumble.

Had Minnesota ended up beyond the 20 or so the last couple weeks we might have seen a Gopher punt in goal-to-go, and it may not have been a touchback

Does Lovie make it through the week with his job intact?
I'd say he's 100% safe. The team is wrecked by COVID, but they've manned up and played through. Their "injury" list was like 20+ this week, including their top 3 QB's. That's crazy and can't be pinned on the coaching staff. Granted, they got rolled by Wisc in week 1, but I think weeks 2 and 3 need to be thrown out when judging that team.

Had Minnesota ended up beyond the 20 or so the last couple weeks we might have seen a Gopher punt in goal-to-go, and it may not have been a touchback
Speaking of Minnesota punts, wasn't it glorious to see Mark Crawford back there?! Nothing special, but just gave me a warm feeling, lol...

It was 4th and 48, what should they have done

That's not the point. The point is that in watching 40 years of football I've never seen a 4th and Goal from the 48. That's worth noting.

Warmath once, in a tight game with Purdue with national ranking on the line, had a first down on the Purdue 20. Three downs later Gophers were 4th and 18 on the 28th. He punted and it went in the end zone and was brought out to the 20.

Just rewatched that drive. Illinois ran 10 plays from the Gopher 47, and ended up on the Gopher 48.

Top Bottom