No one is going to get fired this year from MN.

It's pretty telling about the fickle nature of the Minnesota fan (this goes for more teams than just the Gophers) that we have some of the same people who wanted to knight PJ after the Auburn win and so so loudly celebrated our run of 4-star commitments in this 2021 class who are now questioning his ability to run a program, develop talent and, yes, even recruit. Pretty ridiculous.

It's two different groups of people.

The people chirping now were never PJ fans. They will alway be quick to anger whether PJ is unsuccessful, or possibly when successful as well. Or some people just lack patience.

It is one thing to lose. It is another thing entirely to be an embarrassment. And that is what this team has become this year. An embarrassment. To the school, the fans and to itself. A complete and abject embarrassment. Offense, defense and special teams. The whole thing. A Tim Brewster-like embarrassment, where the only thing to talk about after the game is whether the other coach showed poor sportsmanship by using his time outs to make you look bad. Are you kidding me? And make no mistake--the fault does not rest with the players. There are more than enough good, experienced and skilled players on this team for it to be competitive. No, the fault rests completely and solely with the coaches. Men who are paid incredible amounts to do one thing—field a competitive, Big 10 level team. They did it last year, but this year they are failing miserably. And there is no excuse. None. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is dealing with a changed world. And almost everyone is adapting and coping. Except these guys. And it is unacceptable. There are 5 games left. These coaches need to block out every distraction, every non-essential thing, and prepare their players to be competitive for each game left on the schedule. And they need to begin immediately. Otherwise, do the honorable thing--hand in your resignation and stop robbing the University of your paycheck. Because right now, that is what you are doing.

This is an overreaction. Like the school is suddenly EMBARRASSED of it's football program as they pour more money into it than ever before.

That's just plain silly and you should call yourself out on it for being this ridiculous.

Well, it looks like we may be able to hire Gary Patterson from tcu for some jerry kill act 2.

I wonder if LSU is saying that Ed Orgeron should hand in his resignation? They did give up an SEC-record 623 yards passing against one of the worst teams in the SEC West. Based on last year's results LSU is actually experiencing an even worse drop-off than the Gophers. Lock Orgeron up! All those 5-star recruits! Lock him up! This is straight larceny by Eddie O!
Ed has a great deal more of success equity than our guy. Huge victories that dwarf ours. The National title .

Ed has a great deal more of success equity than our guy. Huge victories that dwarf ours. The National title .

Ed also has 5-star talent and a very rich regional recruiting base. My point is that the drop-off the Gophers are having isn't any worse (probably less so) than what is happening at LSU. I'm not sure coaches should be receiving career judgements based on this year.

Ed also has 5-star talent and a very rich regional recruiting base. My point is that the drop-off the Gophers are having isn't any worse (probably less so) than what is happening at LSU. I'm not sure coaches should be receiving career judgements based on this year.
And i am certainly not making any career judgements on Coach Fleck this season, just like last year i was not going to support giving him 1o million a year for one really good season.

I'm glad to see some fans keeping things in perspective with 2020. It's frustrating but you look at the losses on defense and you realize it's not a good situation although everyone was amped after the Auburn win. Ultimately, we have to give a coaching staff a little time to develop the program. Mason had a lot of time and unfortunately didn't quite get there. Brewster was Brewster and Kill was pretty short lived. A coaching staff needs time to build its talent. If after 5 or 6 years you aren't seeing some good consistency, then start jumping off cliffs.

Coaches should 100% not be getting judged on this year however I don't know if Harbaugh survives after the way they played yesterday. Their 3 games leading up to Ohio State are all winnable but if they drop any of those and then get smoked by Ohio State to close things out that could be all she wrote for his time in Michigan.

Coaches should 100% not be getting judged on this year however I don't know if Harbaugh survives after the way they played yesterday. Their 3 games leading up to Ohio State are all winnable but if they drop any of those and then get smoked by Ohio State to close things out that could be all she wrote for his time in Michigan.

Their best hope is that Jim jumps to the NFL on his own after this season - which I'd say is looking more likely each week.

It is one thing to lose. It is another thing entirely to be an embarrassment. And that is what this team has become this year. An embarrassment. To the school, the fans and to itself. A complete and abject embarrassment. Offense, defense and special teams. The whole thing. A Tim Brewster-like embarrassment, where the only thing to talk about after the game is whether the other coach showed poor sportsmanship by using his time outs to make you look bad. Are you kidding me? And make no mistake--the fault does not rest with the players. There are more than enough good, experienced and skilled players on this team for it to be competitive. No, the fault rests completely and solely with the coaches. Men who are paid incredible amounts to do one thing—field a competitive, Big 10 level team. They did it last year, but this year they are failing miserably. And there is no excuse. None. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is dealing with a changed world. And almost everyone is adapting and coping. Except these guys. And it is unacceptable. There are 5 games left. These coaches need to block out every distraction, every non-essential thing, and prepare their players to be competitive for each game left on the schedule. And they need to begin immediately. Otherwise, do the honorable thing--hand in your resignation and stop robbing the University of your paycheck. Because right now, that is what you are doing.

Isn't this a bit much? The Gophers are a dumb XP attempt away from being 2-2. One of those losses was to Michigan, a traditional power with more resources than the U. Another was to Iowa who just beat MSU by 6 touchdowns, and that game was competitive until the 4th quarter.

I'm not happy with the regression either, but it's far from an embarrassment to everyone and everything.

People calling for people to get fired goes against everything that this program needs. Stability in staff and recruiting is needed.
Look at Northwestern. That is the next step this program needs to reach. Then Iowa and then Wisconsin.
Kill said it took 8 years to build a program. Fleck is entering the next phase of this build. He’s built a powerful system on offense of his own recruits and some that were going to sign MAC offers. Defense is behind and will be the area that needs most attention.
Last year was a perfect season and bounced our way in many games. It raised expectations to new level in an unprecedented season.

It's two different groups of people.

The people chirping now were never PJ fans. They will alway be quick to anger whether PJ is unsuccessful, or possibly when successful as well. Or some people just lack patience.
Actually, no. Many Fleck fans are being critical.

Isn't this a bit much? The Gophers are a dumb XP attempt away from being 2-2. One of those losses was to Michigan, a traditional power with more resources than the U. Another was to Iowa who just beat MSU by 6 touchdowns, and that game was competitive until the 4th quarter.

I'm not happy with the regression either, but it's far from an embarrassment to everyone and everything.

Excellent points. Very rational. Thank you!

I’m beginning to think practice matters

Seeing as how nobody has any idea what’s going behind the scenes anywhere...it is really hard for me to be too critical of anything other than in game decisions.

Their best hope is that Jim jumps to the NFL on his own after this season - which I'd say is looking more likely each week.
I disagree

What NFL team is looking at Harbaugh and saying that’s the guy who can’t take us to the promised land?

He is about to get run out of town by his alma mater

he plays a football style that is a decade too late and as he has tried to switch to a more modern offense his teams have been run off the field

Best season in decades is a hell of a lot of equity.... IMO.

Ed got turned down for jobs and fired a few times before he took the LSU job. He has had his ups and downs too.

Actually, no. Many Fleck fans are being critical.

Oh, sure.
They are the ones who throw in the

"I'm a big fan of Fleck, but"

or the ones who say

"I was a PJ fan, but".

Yes. I've seen those and they were all definitely big Fleck fans who just happened to change their tune by 180 degrees over the lsat 4 games.

After a blow-out loss to Iowa, people will feel the worst.
Truth is we were in the game late third quarter until the stupid 3rd down play and the 4th down missed FG.

This team IS NOT in sync.
The defense can only improve.

Hardly a horrible situation.

Oh, sure.
They are the ones who throw in the

"I'm a big fan of Fleck, but"

or the ones who say

"I was a PJ fan, but".

Yes. I've seen those and they were all definitely big Fleck fans who just happened to change their tune by 180 degrees over the lsat 4 games.
Ahh... right...🙄

Top Bottom