No leadership

getting yanked every time you make a mistake is crazy. QUOTE]

Welcome to real life. Everyone of my coaches growing up did that. If you don't do your job you get fired or get yanked from the game. Deal with it and do better the next chance you get.

The coach has to instill the confidence in his players, I'm not sure Tubby is that great at that. I couldn't play for him, getting yanked every time you make a mistake is crazy. Quitting like they did has nothing to do with the coach. That is all on the players. I don't care what the coach said it shouldn't, I don't understand how it could, impact your effort.

Have you ever watched a MSU game? Izzo does it all the time.

Have you ever watched a MSU game? Izzo does it all the time.

He also throws a lot of love and enthusiasm their way. They can tell he's living and dying with them. You have to be giving both sides of the feedback -positive and negative. Not sure on Tubby perhaps he does but it must be off court.

He also throws a lot of love and enthusiasm their way. They can tell he's living and dying with them. You have to be giving both sides of the feedback -positive and negative. Not sure on Tubby perhaps he does but it must be off court.

Look around the board, actually I know you've seen it. Tubby has often been, if anything, too positive with his players.

He was constantly talking about how great his players were. With phrases such as "He's the best [Insert description here] I have ever coached"

Tubby's coasting through this, his final stint as a D-1 coach. We lack fire? That's because he sets that tone, that tempo. We lack the ability to get our best shooter good looks? That's on the coaching staff, period. Particularly out of timeouts, it's on them. We lack depth at PG? That's on the $2MM man, also.

We are far, very far, from getting our money's worth with this guy. It rubs even more raw in such an awful economy...galling to think he's by far the highest paid government employee in the state. Great guy, most definitely. Earning his keep? Not even close.

Look around the board, actually I know you've seen it. Tubby has often been, if anything, too positive with his players.

He was constantly talking about how great his players were. With phrases such as "He's the best [Insert description here] I have ever coached"

True. Good point.

Actually, I think the team has lots of leaders. I don't think each one wanted to be a leader, but it happened by default. Here is what I see:

Colt leads in shooting...bricks
Rodney leads in standing around
Blake leads in frustration
Ralph leads in emotions..or lack of
Trevor leads in lost defense..except blocks at the last minute
The freshman are trying their best and coming on strong, but they are freshmen following their leaders.

Go Gophers!

Actually, I think the team has lots of leaders. I don't think each one wanted to be a leader, but it happened by default. Here is what I see:

Colt leads in shooting...bricks
Rodney leads in standing around
Blake leads in frustration
Ralph leads in emotions..or lack of
Trevor leads in lost defense..except blocks at the last minute
The freshman are trying their best and coming on strong, but they are freshmen following their leaders.

Go Gophers!

Don't confuse Leaders & Legends.;)

Top Bottom