NIT seed prediction?

Miles Tarver

Reaction score
Think we get a top 4 seed in one of the regions and host a 1st round game?

I didn't know you were on the team. Are you sure you're even in the NIT?

The suspense is killing me. Can we send them to the Insight Bowl instead?

I didn't know you were on the team. Are you sure you're even in the NIT?

Yes, we are awful right now, but we are a 17 win team in the Big 10, with a few big wins. I cant imagine we arent in the 2nd group of 32 after the top 68.

No chance at a home game. They used to give games to who could sell tickets, that's why we always got home games with Clem. Now they actually seed them and we're barely in the field. And we haven't sold many tickets the last couple times anyway.

My prediction:

Minnesota is a 7-seed.
Nebraska is a 2-seed.

Minnesota visits Nebraska for the opener. ESPN gets to showcase a "Big Ten" of the future game.

My prediction:

Minnesota is a 7-seed.
Nebraska is a 2-seed.

Minnesota visits Nebraska for the opener. ESPN gets to showcase a "Big Ten" of the future game.

That might be the match-up, but that' doesn't scream ESPN showcase.

That might be the match-up, but that' doesn't scream ESPN showcase.

Remember, this is the NIT we're talking about. In relative terms, a "Big Ten" preview game is about as "showcase" as it gets. ESPN owns the games, so they will be looking for storylines.

Remember, this is the NIT we're talking about. In relative terms, a "Big Ten" preview game is about as "showcase" as it gets. ESPN owns the games, so they will be looking for storylines.

Do they televise all the games now? A few years ago only a few of the early games were televised at all. Anyway, I get the hook, but Nebraska basketball is a non-entity and we've got zero appeal right now.

Do they televise all the games now? A few years ago only a few of the early games were televised at all. Anyway, I get the hook, but Nebraska basketball is a non-entity and we've got zero appeal right now.

Amongst ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPNU I think they televise just about every game. Last year 11 of the 16 first round games were on one of those ESPN channels. All 2nd round and beyond on ESPN family. Minny-Nebby would make the list, not that it would win any ratings battles :)

Top Bottom