Nineteen Golden Gophers Named Academic All-Big Ten

its nice to hear good things rather than the 64 kids who had acidemic issues

And your point is?

Yes, it is. But 19 out of 215 is still only 8.8%.

But Minnesota is one out of twelve schools in the Big Ten which equals 8.33% compared to 8.84% for Minnesota. This makes Minnesota 6.1% above average.

Congratulations to them all for their hard work!

Here is the complete breakdown.

Northwestern 31,
Nebraska 27,
Indiana 24,
Purdue 20,
Penn State 19,
Minnesota 18,
Wisconsin 17,
Iowa 14,
Michigan State 13,
Illinois 11,
Michigan 11,
Ohio State 10.

Am I missing something? Isn't there some middle ground between being Academic All Conference and having academic issues?

You have to keep in mind that no freshman are allowed to be Academic All Big 10 and no first year JuCo transfers (you need to be in your second year at your academic institution), so that makes like 33 players ineligible for the award.

So that 19 is a pretty decent number.

Kill never said they were having "issues" they were checking in on them to make sure they were going to class. Kill did say a lot of those kids are getting B's just wanna make sure they keep getting B's

But Minnesota is one out of twelve schools in the Big Ten which equals 8.33% compared to 8.84% for Minnesota. This makes Minnesota 6.1% above average.

Wow, I really did make a glaring mistake. I was just thinking Big TEN, even though I obviously knew there are twelve teams in the conference :confused:

I think there are only 18 on the list.

I only count 18 as well.

Top Bottom