Nick Saban quote on Florida football applies to Minnesota basketball too

Minnesota has been bad at basketball for a lot longer than football has been rough at Florida

Pitino and Johnson had done literally nothing to suggest they should be Big Ten basketball coaches. Muschamp and Mullen were pick of the litter type hires. McElwain was pretty well regarded too. Off the top of my head I didn't think Napier was an impressive hire but I looked it up and he was 40-12 at Louisiana and finished 15th and 16th in the country his final two seasons.

I certainly think there are other problems at Minnesota, but it's also tough to judge when you are this overmatched in the coaching department for going on a dozen years now.

Well, Dan Dakich just said we needed an expensive practice facility to solve everything.

4 coaches: Monson, Tubby, Pitino, Johnson.

Go Gophers!!

Tubby was at least a middle-of-the pack coach for the most part during his tenure but it's going to be harder to do even that in the new league. Likely even harder in football. I agree with what a poster wrote in the football forum. We're going to get $20 million a year to be a fodder program to boost the win totals for the top teams and that's probably acceptable to the athletic department.

Top Bottom