Nick Davidson vs Jonah Pirsig

btowngopher

Reaction score
Anyone else find it interesting that Pirsig is getting so much publicity as the top instate prospect while rivals actually rates Nick Davidson higher? I haven't heard hardly anything about his recruitment so far.

Part of why Davidson hasn't been talked about much in relation to Minnesota is that he and his family just moved to Eden Prairie within the last six months. His dad was hired by Leslie Frazier to join him on the Vikings coaching staff. His coaching dad had moved around a lot, so the kid has lived in Boston, Cleveland, Charlotte, and now Minneapolis.

He wasn't on Minnesota's radar five months ago. Clearly, he is now, with an offer after attending the Gopher spring game.

He'd be a great addition to the recruiting class, no doubt, but will be a tough get, particularly if OSU offers.

According to Rivals Pirsig has the tOSU offer that Davidson is waiting on. Davidson is new to MN this year and has dad played at tOSU. Both have nice offer sheets and look like great prospects, I'd be thrilled with one or both. Just my 2 cents w/o any inside info but Davidson might be the harder get just because he's not a MN kid.

I don't think anyone expects davidson to give the U a serious look. He'd been recruited for awhile on the east coast and I think his dad is an OSU alum.

Man I hope Pirsig is a gopher, Will Johnson too. If Hayes and McDonald look elsewhere but we get Pirsig and Johnson I'd feel alot better.

He's an OSU legacy. Both his Dad and Grandpa were captains at OSU. If OSU offers he is gone.

I think that the chances of an OSU offer to Davidson are about 50/50. I don't follow OSU that closely, but in checking recent signings, they seem to be biased in favor of bigger Tackles. OSU is also in on some higher rated players, so I don't think an offer will come very quickly, if at all. On the other hand Davidson is precisely the type of Tackle that Kill prefers.

I sure coach Grant will be included in some part of his decision, but far far less than typical for a player in his program for years.

I would be shocked if tosu did not offer such a prominant legacy player with all the mess going on in the program (good PR). It is suprising that he was not offered yet, but it is a different game there (for now). My guess is they will 'find' a scholly for him once/after the NCAA doles out the sanctions and they get turned down by Persig and others.

Top Bottom