Nice win...but....

CP Gopher

Reaction score
That was the worst opponent this year, including the exhibition games.

How did Nebraska need overtime to beat them?

Agreed USC is beyond bad, gophers dominated them despite turning the ball over like crazy

Nebraska lost at home to wake forest on Wednesday they might be just as bad as USC

USC would beat both Division II schools Minnesota plays, but who's counting. That was a terrible team.

Ugly win. I can't imagine we will play anyone that bad in the BIG with the exception of Iowa and Nebraska

Atl Gopher said:
I think that our D had something to do with that.

Nope. When gophers lose, we suck. When gophers win, they suck.

Definitely doesn't help that they lost one of their best guards (Fontan) with a torn ACL.

USC is a lousy team, especially on the offensive end. But they're not a terrible defensive team. They average giving up about 53 points per 40 minutes. They are a horrible, horrible offensive team. But they play solid D and eat a lot of clock. This game was a typical USC low-scoring and ugly game, and a nice win for the Gophs.

The university has gone through two different name changes since being called Mankato State.
I know. But being from New Ulm, and having 17 ppl go there from my school (doesn't sound like a lot but it is) in the past two years, and they all call it MSU or Mankato State, that's what I call it. Minnesota State University-Mankato. You happy?

Nice win but?A win over a high major,power conference team is fine by me.You can't win here even if you win.I would rather play the USC's of the world any day rather than small regional upper midwest schools.

Top Bottom