Nice Weber Article - Phil keeps up the good work

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/102028398.html?page=2&c=y

Kudos to Phil for a nice profile on Adam. And kudos to Adam. Despite everything he's been through, he'll still leave the U with the records he earned and a rep as a classy player and team leader. Hopefully he'll also leave with plenty of additional W's as well. :)

Gameday!

Good story on Weber but they need to have a header like "Brewster's QB Choice a Problem" or "Will Weber Fail" to get a lot of web hits. :rolleyes:

Good story on Weber but they need to have a header like "Brewster's QB Choice a Problem" or "Will Weber Fail" to get a lot of web hits. :rolleyes:

True.

I'm anticipating quite a decent season from Weber. He's had two solid years, and one bad one. I'm gonna bank on this being another solid year with him fully healthy and hopefully comfortable within the offense. That, and better protection should yield some decent results.

I know the, "It's not junior high," line, but the shots this young man has taken from some of our so-called fans is pathetic. That doesn't mean people can't be critical but it does get overboard. A class act, a good family, and a proud graduate of the U. Yet his mother sometimes can't watch a complete game because of the comments directed at her son. I assume she doesn't read this board and that's a good thing. Lots to love about about college sports, but also some things not to like.

I know the, "It's not junior high," line, but the shots this young man has taken from some of our so-called fans is pathetic. That doesn't mean people can't be critical but it does get overboard. A class act, a good family, and a proud graduate of the U. Yet his mother sometimes can't watch a complete game because of the comments directed at her son. I assume she doesn't read this board and that's a good thing. Lots to love about about college sports, but also some things not to like.

Pretty sad indeed that some of our fans take their hatred of the three time stand up captain wayyy to far and don't give me any BS about it not being personal.
This town is incredibly quarterback hostile. Nothing short of elite and clutch throws are acceptable, and ANY mistake is a mortal sin. First or bad impressions are forever, and when the QB does come out with a great game, it's simply expected, not celebrated.
The lack of credit Weber got last year for the MSU game is unreal(blip, fluke, blind squirrel-->nut, etc)
I just don't get it, this kid was born with maroon and gold on, he has played the good soldier time and again, taking the blame for his own and his teammates poor play. Yet probably over half the fanbase frickin hates him like the devil.
Ex:The guy who came up the stairs next to me at the ILL game to tell his family he was leaving at the half because "weber is !$@%ing horrible, he $%^ing sucks, I'm not watching this !@$#, we're leaving. All while carrying his kid in his arms(maybe 2-4 years old). Nice buddy.
I'm frankly amazed Weber's mom hasn't lost it and just blown up on a fan at some point.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but the trend for Adam Weber has gone from ok (sophomore season) to bad (junior season). Maybe it was the injury, but I'm more inclined to point at bad decision making and poor timing. Is it 100% his fault? Probably not, but a lot of it is. It's amazing what solid QB play can do for a college football team. I have no idea how many of you can be excited for a senior year from Weber. I'm scared of more of the same.

I'm amazed that Gray hasn't been given a shot yet considering that he has been the main prize of the Brewster recruiting era. The so-called competition appears to have been nothing more than a way to motivate Weber. Brewster is saying all of the buzz words about how "experienced" Weber is and how great he looks in practice. It sounds like a broken record to me.

I guess let's just hope I have to come back here at the end of the season and apologize for not believing in Weber. Like others have said, from all accounts he's a class guy and it would be a great story if he returned to form and led this team to some wins.

Top Bottom