Nice profile: Jack Lynn found the brother he never had on the Gopher coaching staff

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Football players often refer to their teammates as brothers. In Minnesota senior Jack Lynn’s case, he found a sibling on the coaching staff. He considers linebackers coach Mike Sherels as the brother he never had.

Growing up as the middle child between two sisters, Lynn had friends and male cousins, “but no one really as close as Coach.”

“He’s just someone you can look up to, someone you can lean on,” he said. “I never had that older, constant brother. When I got here, he was someone I could lean on and rely on.”

Sherels was an assistant to then-head coach Jerry Kill when Lynn arrived on campus as a freshman. He later became a graduate assistant for defense.

Lynn would visit Sherels’ office during his graduate assistant days to learn the defense, and said that’s when the two became close. It was “a relief” to Lynn when the vacant linebacker coach position was filled by Sherels in 2014.

“Jack’s been with me a long time,” Sherels said. “He’s seen my progression as a coach. I’ve seen his progression as a player. We’ve kind of grown up together in a lot of ways. I suppose that does make us brothers in a lot of ways.”

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/101916aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom