NFL Schedule Release this week - Season expected on time

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
More good news!

Typically released around the middle of April, the NFL schedule is expected to be released this week, no later than this Saturday, May 9. I would expect, as in each of the last several years, the schedule will start to be leaked bit by bit as the week progresses. It almost never comes out all at once, on the scheduled date. The NFL will own the sports channels/stations this week more than likely

Also, season is expected to start on time, but the NFL is apparently prepared with a handful of contingency plans in the event that's not possible.

Still a fluid situation but I never expected there to NOT be any football this fall. The likelihood of that, IMO, was always next to nothing. Each team likely handled it differently but after a small reprieve from season ticket payments for most fans in March and April, it's time to pay the piper for a lot of fans in the next few weeks. My payments for several season tickets/teams have fired back up after being granted a break for 6-8 weeks.

NFL Schedule Release later this week

The NFL Schedule Release show last week was definitely a big success for those networks; most watched ever!

>> Last Thursday’s NFL schedule release averaged a combined 699,000 viewers across ESPN and NFL Network, up 123% from last year (313K), up 60% from 2018 (437K) and at least a six-year high.

In particular, ESPN averaged 495,000 — up 267% from last year on ESPN2 (135K) and up 85% from 2018 (268K). NFL Network averaged 204,000 (+15%).

Top Bottom