NFL Playoffs

This was Johnson's 4th stint with the 49ers but first year he actually got to throw a pass.

I find it crazy that most NFL teams don't suit up 3 QBs per game. Maybe they feel there aren't enough to go around. If it gets to that point they are sunk anyway, so instead use the roster spot on another lineman or defensive back.
The NFL does many/most things right and some like this and not having full time refs are mind boggling to me.

They could easily have the third team QB mandatory by increasing the roster and taxi squad by one and that eliminates having to play an injured QB or have a emergency QB inserted and have the game become more of a meme.

The refs is beyond stupid and not giving them realistic comp ( to be full-time refs) as they can directly impact a game’s outcome, you’re an 8 Billion dollar concern instead of Bill Veck’s minor league baseball team.

Last edited:

The NFL does many/most things right and some like this and not having full time refs are mind boggling to me.

They could easily have the third team QB mandatory by increasing the roster and taxi squad by one and that eliminates having to play an injured QB or have a emergency QB inserted and have the game become more of a meme.

The refs is beyond stupid and not giving them realistic comp ( to be full-time refs) as they can directly impact a game’s outcome, you’re an 8 Billion dollar concern instead of Bill Veck’s minor league baseball team.
Agreed. IIRC they used to allow teams to play the 3rd QB without them counting against the 45 man limit, so they could be counted "inactive" for the game. But if you put them in, the other two QB's can't come back in.

Just saw that Karen Rodgers hasn’t thrown for a 300 yard game in the last 21 games!

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t end up with the Jets at this point. Can’t imagine he goes back to Lambeau at this point. I wonder how much it will cost the Jets.

Just saw that Karen Rodgers hasn’t thrown for a 300 yard game in the last 21 games!

I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t end up with the Jets at this point. Can’t imagine he goes back to Lambeau at this point. I wonder how much it will cost the Jets.
I disagree. He'll be back at Lambeau. The Packers know they have nothing in Jordan Love, and they would take a big cap hit trading him.

Top Bottom