NFL.com article: Minnesota's Ra'Shede Hageman is one of best seniors in nation

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per NFL.com:

Minnesota has a chance to make some national noise this week when it welcomes in Nebraska for a nationally televised game Saturday, and if the Golden Gophers are going to pull the upset, they will need a big game from senior defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hageman.

Hageman will be going against a recently revamped Nebraska offensive line on Saturday (the game kicks off at noon Eastern on ESPN). The Huskers lost senior guard Spencer Long, their best lineman, to a knee injury in their most recent game, and he is expected to miss the rest of the season. A victory makes Minnesota bowl-eligible and would give them a legitimate shot at a berth in the Jan. 1 Gator Bowl, which would be the Gophers' first post-December bowl since the 1961 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...hede-hageman-is-one-of-best-seniors-in-nation

Go Gophers!!

Ra'Shede really helped himself with that game against Northwestern. If he finishes the season strong and puts up numbers at the combine that we all expect him to put up, who knows how high he might get drafted.

Ra'Shede really helped himself with that game against Northwestern. If he finishes the season strong and puts up numbers at the combine that we all expect him to put up, who knows how high he might get drafted.

As long as he doesn't get injured at some point I don't see anyway he isn't a first round pick in the draft. I agree 100% that the Northwestern game upped his draft stock and if he can string a few more solid performances together over the remainder of the season he has a legit shot of going in the top 10. Guy is just a freak of nature.

His draft stock is going to soar after the combine because he's going to put up crazy numbers and some team/owner/GM will become enamored with him.

i still don't know if i want Ra'shede to be an earlier pick in the first round of a later pick in the first round, it would give me tremendous pride as a gopher fan to see Ra'Shede go in the top ten of the draft but it would help a lot getting his name out if he played on a better team and he would play in bigger games, like Laurence Maroney playing for the 16-0 patriots and in the super bowl or Eric Decker who has been on the NFL's most talked about team for the last 3 years at the height of Tebow Mania and now being on the NFL's best team with the best QB the last 2 years, he gets so much more recognition because he plays for the Broncos then if he played for any other team, it would be nice to see him play for the Patriots, a very good team and franchise over the years, i have seen most mock drafts having him go to the patriots, with the Vince Wilfork injury and him aging now there starting 2 DTs are an undrafted free agent and a late drafted guy, i also see a lot of drafts having him go to the Falcons and Seahawks, 2 very good teams, it would be cool to se him on the sea hawks an up and coming team with a very good Defense, i only see them getting better over the year's so that would not be a bad landing spot for Shede, i still don't know if i want to see him on the vikings or not, playing high school, college and pros in Minnesota would be cool to see like Sherels and playing next to Floyd, but i also want to see a team that appreciates him for how good he is, not just a team that appreciates him just because most of the fans of that team happen to be gopher fans

per NFL.com:
...A victory makes Minnesota bowl-eligible and would give them a legitimate shot at a berth in the Jan. 1 Gator Bowl, which would be the Gophers' first post-December bowl since the 1961 season.

Love the optimism from NFL.com...jumping the gun a little bit, though

...i still don't know if i want to see him on the vikings or not, playing high school, college and pros in Minnesota would be cool to see like Sherels and playing next to Floyd, but i also want to see a team that appreciates him for how good he is, not just a team that appreciates him just because most of the fans of that team happen to be gopher fans

I don't think we'd see the Vikings draft him (unless Floyd just doesn't work out). I'm assuming Ra'shede projects as a 3-tech in the pros, right? The Vikes are probably more in the market for a traditional run-stuffing nose tackle in the mold of Pat Williams

And backing up at the wide receiver position, Marcus Sherels. Brewster didn't do much right, but moving Sherels to CB was one move for which he should get some credit.

I don't think we'd see the Vikings draft him (unless Floyd just doesn't work out). I'm assuming Ra'shede projects as a 3-tech in the pros, right? The Vikes are probably more in the market for a traditional run-stuffing nose tackle in the mold of Pat Williams

not neccesarily saying he will be a viking, just if he would what my reaction would be, i only considered that scenario because i have seen 2 different walter football mock drafts with him to the vikings, if we do go with a DT it would most likely be Nix of Notre Dame, but we still need to see more of Josh Freeman to know if we take a QB or someone else, after last nights performance Teddy Bridgewater and the #1 overall pick doesn't seem too out of reach

on ESPN's big ten blog Ra'shede re entered the big ten awards tracker for offensive and defensive players of the year and he is at #5 now with Borland taking the top spot, Ryan Shazier at 2, Bullough and 3 and MSU's Darquez Denard at 4

that would be fun to watch if the vikings did draft him, could you imagine Jared Allen and Ra'shede just mowing people down. Though Allen I'd say is past his prime now.

Shede doesn't even play that much!

This is why they should use him on offense also. Who is going to expect Shede at H back or reporting as tackle eligible and then going out for a pass. Who would expect Shede to run the route let alone catch the pass?

Maybe the author didn't see the GH thread on how Optimus Prime is playing (and I quote) "poorly"

Top Bottom