10/08-@Purdue
10/15-BYE
10/22-Nebraska
10/29-Iowa
11/05-@ Mich St
11/12-Wisc
11/19-@ Northwstrn
11/26--Illinois

Well the Gophers will atleast have a bye week to prepare for Nebraska, though likely won't matter as it could very easily be a curb stomping with their resurgence. It will be interesting to see how many fans they bring, if the gophers don't sell all their season tickets next year some of their charter companies may as they did at Washington this year and USC in the past.

Stadium Village bar owners rejoicing

Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin all at home in one year. Hell, I forgot the Bison coming to town also.

Well the Gophers will atleast have a bye week to prepare for Nebraska, though likely won't matter as it could very easily be a curb stomping with their resurgence. It will be interesting to see how many fans they bring, if the gophers don't sell all their season tickets next year some of their charter companies may as they did at Washington this year and USC in the past.

Wow. GopherGod is to talking up Nebraska and Gopherhurrin is to "Big Ten Wins".

Dear Gophers,

Please do not suck this season. GopherGod's perpetual hard-on for all things Nebraska aside, that schedule does not hurt in our quest for that breakout 2011 season we have all been pointing towards.

Dear Gophers,

Please do not suck this season. GopherGod's perpetual hard-on for all things Nebraska aside, that schedule does not hurt in our quest for that breakout 2011 season we have all been pointing towards.

It must be nice to live in fantasyland. I tend to live in reality and the team with the best coaching and significantly better athletes tends to win more. I guess at best 3rd in the division is the new definition of breakout.

It must be nice to live in fantasyland. I tend to live in reality and the team with the best coaching and significantly better athletes tends to win more.

Sorry, I'll let you get back to your Husker slurping.

It must be nice to live in fantasyland. I tend to live in reality and the team with the best coaching and significantly better athletes tends to win more.

I think if you want to stick with the alliteration in your screenname you should really change it to BoBlower

It really is much closer to the truth....

It must be nice to live in fantasyland. I tend to live in reality and the team with the best coaching and significantly better athletes tends to win more. I guess at best 3rd in the division is the new definition of breakout.

It must be nice to pretend to be a fan of a school and then go on to their boards and talk about that school getting curb stomped by the school you love more. B/c that's adding a lot to the conversation.

It must be nice to pretend to be a fan of a school and then go on to their boards and talk about that school getting curb stomped by the school you love more. B/c that's adding a lot to the conversation.

Your right it is much better to stick your head in the sand and not face the current reality of the program under the current leadership.

Your right it is much better to stick your head in the sand and not face the current reality of the program.

What were you saying about the 'reality' of your program from 2001 to 2008? Just curious. Teams get better/worse. The Gophers are getting better. Next year they will beat Nebraska.

What were you saying about the 'reality' of your program from 2001 to 2008? Just curious. Teams get better/worse. The Gophers are getting better. Next year they will beat Nebraska.

Bill Callahan.....I don't know no Bill Callahan....

Your right it is much better to stick your head in the sand and not face the current reality of the program under the current leadership.

You can be a "realist" without being a jackass. You've chosen to be a jackass. At least own up to it.

MN FOOTBALL get with the program........

Iowa at home two years in a row?

I thought the same thing. The hawks really only need one season to break in the New Kinnick North. U of MN simply isn’t a college football university anymore then the Indiana. Think about it...every university has something they are known for

Indiana..basketball, not football
Northwestern..Academics
Penn State..Football
OSU..Football ++
Iowa..Football and Wrestling
MN.. Hockey and Wrestling and sometimes basketball.....NOT FOOTBALL

Do you realize if you are 40 years old you havent been alive since they even won the big ten
Anyone who buys into Brew or Maturi is simply just "wishing them better"

Think about what makes WI and IA football strong....reproducible results. They both make more out of average then they probably should. That's what its about when you’re not Michigan, OSU, or PSU.

The only thing Brew has done is recruiting.....or did he. Not many of them make it to the field. Maybe other coaches passed on those guys because they knew they didn’t fit their programs. It's a joke and everyone knows it.

6 coordinators in 4 years. IA Same crew through thick and thin for a decade. Brew promised a rose bowl......It isn’t happening. IA and WI want Brewster to stay right where he is at because with him at the helm nothing and I mean nothing is going to change.....Smoke and Mirror my friends.

Stick with the facts....MN football is about what IA basketball is.......nothing to write home about

I thought the same thing..............................IA basketball is nothing to write home about

....wow, that rant came out of absolutely nowhere. Was there some sort of potential slight in that post that I missed?

Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin all at home in one year. Hell, I forgot the Bison coming to town also.

Does this mean we'll be at home or away versus all 3 teams every year? That would be both really annoying, and really fixable.

Save your *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#

I thought the same thing. The hawks really only need one season to break in the New Kinnick North. U of MN simply isn’t a college football university anymore then the Indiana. Think about it...every university has something they are known for

Indiana..basketball, not football
Northwestern..Academics
Penn State..Football
OSU..Football ++
Iowa..Football and Wrestling
MN.. Hockey and Wrestling and sometimes basketball.....NOT FOOTBALL

Do you realize if you are 40 years old you havent been alive since they even won the big ten
Anyone who buys into Brew or Maturi is simply just "wishing them better"

Think about what makes WI and IA football strong....reproducible results. They both make more out of average then they probably should. That's what its about when you’re not Michigan, OSU, or PSU.

The only thing Brew has done is recruiting.....or did he. Not many of them make it to the field. Maybe other coaches passed on those guys because they knew they didn’t fit their programs. It's a joke and everyone knows it.

6 coordinators in 4 years. IA Same crew through thick and thin for a decade. Brew promised a rose bowl......It isn’t happening. IA and WI want Brewster to stay right where he is at because with him at the helm nothing and I mean nothing is going to change.....Smoke and Mirror my friends.

Stick with the facts....MN football is about what IA basketball is.......nothing to write home about

Please. I'm pretty sure were doing just fine here in Minnesota. Iowa has had a nice run in football, we have a little more competition for the spotlight in the MSP.

Probably not

it could very easily be a curb stomping with their resurgence.

I think I'm the only one not completely sold that the Old Nebraska is back. That was a pretty *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ty offense that took the field last year, and they lost #93. Don't forget that they lost to Iowa St last year. Pretty sure our schedule got easier losing Ohio St and gaining Nebraska.

....wow, that rant came out of absolutely nowhere. Was there some sort of potential slight in that post that I missed?

It is just a complete joke.....why are many mn fans so stumped by why they dont rule the big ten? I just find it completely funny. Just open your eyes and look around, the U of MN football team isnt going anywhere. 2-11 is are the predictions most have the gophers at. I actually think they are a .500 team. If someone told you 4 years ago when brewster was hired that in year four they were slated for 2-11 would you be ok with that? I cant think you would be. He is the wrong coach hired by the wrong AD. It's just that simple. Quit trying to put lipstick on the pig.

It is just a complete joke.....why are many mn fans so stumped by why they dont rule the big ten? I just find it completely funny. Just open your eyes and look around, the U of MN football team isnt going anywhere. 2-11 is are the predictions most have the gophers at. I actually think they are a .500 team. If someone told you 4 years ago when brewster was hired that in year four they were slated for 2-11 would you be ok with that? I cant think you would be. He is the wrong coach hired by the wrong AD. It's just that simple. Quit trying to put lipstick on the pig.

How come I get a little uneasy when an Iowan uses lipstick and pig in the same sentence?? Well at least that's one thing he probably knows something about.

Remember this post Hawk.

2-11 is are the predictions most have the gophers at. I actually think they are a .500 team. If someone told you 4 years ago when brewster was hired that in year four they were slated for 2-11 would you be ok with that?

We're going to go 2-10 and then lose the bowl game? Unacceptable!

Or we're going 1-11 and winning the bowl game. Cool, a bowl win. I'll take it.

How come I get a little uneasy when an Iowan uses lipstick and pig in the same sentence?? Well at least that's one thing he probably knows something about.

Remember this post Hawk.

The bronze pig is something we know about, it's been in iowa city for the last 8 out of 10 years.

Wrong

why are many mn fans so stumped by why they dont rule the big ten?

Seriously? I pretty sure we get it, we are competing with the Vikings, the Twins, The Wild, The Timberwolves for coverage and revenue. It's hard to be a consistent winner when you have an abundance of choices to spend your time and money on. The more relevant question is why isn't Iowa more like Nebraska in terms of greatness. Both places are fairly boring and have little to do except cow tipping. Iowan's have one thing to spend money on, and that's the Hawkeye football. You all should be winning more than 11 Bigten titles in 100 years.

Weak

Seriously? I pretty sure we get it, we are competing with the Vikings, the Twins, The Wild, The Timberwolves for coverage and revenue. It's hard to be a consistent winner when you have an abundance of choices to spend your time and money on. The more relevant question is why isn't Iowa more like Nebraska in terms of greatness. Both places are fairly boring and have little to do except cow tipping. Iowan's have one thing to spend money on, and that's the Hawkeye football. You all should be winning more than 11 Bigten titles in 100 years.

Weak.....like michigan, florida, and texas compete with more then the gophers do for the above mentioned. This is great news....you then, are one of the fans who are realistic about their football team. Below average is the norm and youre ok with it then probably.

You put lipstick on Floyd? Creepy

lets just save it for the field. Perhaps this year your can score since youve been shut out the last two and out scored 344 to 199 over the last decade in iowa's .800 winning precentage vs. the gophers. Just think about it....Indiana, ILL, and MN football are in the same tier...the bottom tier.

lets just save it for the field. Perhaps this year your can score since youve been shut out the last two and out scored 344 to 199 over the last decade in iowa's .800 winning precentage vs. the gophers. Just think about it....Indiana, ILL, and MN football are in the same tier...the bottom tier.

Seriously....don't put lipstick on Floyd.

What # will you be wearing on the field this season? I'll keep an eye out for you to see if you really saved it for the field or not. :rolleyes:

mplshawk...what a surprise...another smart mouthed iowan that had to move to Minnesota to find upper-tier employment....hmmmm....didn't like living in iowa? You must admit that life is pretty nice here in the Land O'Lakes. Just for the fun of it...let's count how many MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL teams are located in iowa and Minnesota. The internet makes it very easy to mouth-off. What a shame. I won't waste anymore of my time here. GFY.

Top Bottom