Next Year

IceBoxGopher

Reaction score
The season unfortunately came to an abrupt end, but the Gophers had a shot there to make the tourney and really started surging at the end of the season. It gives me some real hope for next season. The start of the year was rough, real rough, but the team really grew this year, so ton of credit to coach.

What's everyone's anticipations?

The season unfortunately came to an abrupt end, but the Gophers had a shot there to make the tourney and really started surging at the end of the season. It gives me some real hope for next season. The start of the year was rough, real rough, but the team really grew this year, so ton of credit to coach.

I agree with your end of the year evaluation. I do believe that we have a coach that can do the job as he has previously shown both here during his previous time at Minnesota and his work at St. Cloud. We have enough confidence to keep our season tickets for 2020-2021 which we were considering letting go.
Go Gophers!
Pride on Ice!

Last edited:

I think it's fair to look for a Big Ten Title (Outright)
Top 10 Finish in the Pairwise
Gain momentum in the NCAA (Outside chance to advance to Frozen 4)

Sucks to have this season end when we thought there was a chance our guys were turning the corner. On the plus side, we didn't have to see UND or UMD win a title.

Next year - anything shy of a tournament bid would be a letdown, assuming we bring back largely the same roster. We would probably be hurt more than anyone by allowing seniors to get another year of eligibility. Skiumah1 is pretty accurate - B10 title, or right up there, top 10 pairwise is reasonable, and a tourney appearance, and yes I agree if things go right we could go as deep as the frozen 4. Probably not realistic to win the whole thing, but I set a tourney appearance as the minimum acceptable finish next year. I truly believe Bob has us on a path towards greatness again, but it will not happen overnight.

Sucks to have this season end when we thought there was a chance our guys were turning the corner. On the plus side, we didn't have to see UND or UMD win a title.

Next year - anything shy of a tournament bid would be a letdown, assuming we bring back largely the same roster. We would probably be hurt more than anyone by allowing seniors to get another year of eligibility. Skiumah1 is pretty accurate - B10 title, or right up there, top 10 pairwise is reasonable, and a tourney appearance, and yes I agree if things go right we could go as deep as the frozen 4. Probably not realistic to win the whole thing, but I set a tourney appearance as the minimum acceptable finish next year. I truly believe Bob has us on a path towards greatness again, but it will not happen overnight.
Agreed on all

I would also give a big shout out to Coach Motzko and all the players for showing growth throughout the year. I am one of Gopher hockeys biggest fans and feel confident the team is on its way back. Also when at a basketball game all the Gopher athletes who had a 3.5 gpa came out on the court at halftime and there were only 2 males both out from the hockey team -Jack LaFontaine and Jaxon Nelson. Congrats to them!

Top Bottom