Next Pissing Contest

Badger2010

Well, you certainly have convinced me that this is just another case of a misunderstand ing between two adults. If this was the case, I would think Chadima would sue the University of Wisconsin for wrongful termination. I am sure that won't happen because the law would not be on the side of Chadima. Your analogy that everybody has been in situations like Chadima found himself may ring true to you but it wouldn't play well in a court of law and I don't think it is playing well here either. You may not agree with this or think it is unfair but that is the reality of the situation he has got himself into.

Well, you certainly have convinced me that this is just another case of a misunderstand ing between two adults. If this was the case, I would think Chadima would sue the University of Wisconsin for wrongful termination. I am sure that won't happen because the law would not be on the side of Chadima. Your analogy that everybody has been in situations like Chadima found himself may ring true to you but it wouldn't play well in a court of law and I don't think it is playing well here either.

Chadima threatening the guy afterwards was very illegal and definitely worthy of termination. Furthermore, Chadima resigned, he was not terminated. There is no basis for a law suit.

My analogy that most people have found themselves in situations comparable to Chadima does not make his actions any less illegal. My point was that it's not like his some sicko that's raping people. He's a closet homosexual, who hit on a straight guy that he probably thought was gay, and upon being turned down, felt embarrassed, then subsequently tried to use his power to silence the guy he hit on. This isn't some huge scandal, and even if it turns out to be, it has nothing to do with football or the NCAA. No sanctions will ever be levied. The only way this becomes an NCAA issue is if allegations come about that UW officials heard about the incident and tried to cover it up. The NCAA could then hit UW with a lack of institutional control or failure to monitor. Even that wouldn't be too bad, and would likely not affect football at all. The man was a UW AD employee, he wasn't a football coach, he has no more to do with the football team than he does with our women's tennis team.

You are ignoring my only question: What am I in denial about? What do I need to accept?

You are ignoring my only question: What am I in denial about? What do I need to accept?

This is the last time I am going to answer this since this is getting really dumb. First when the story originally broke you said there was no problem and it would all blow away. Second you said that this could happen to any of us. Third you implied that this was probably just a misunderstanding between two adults and therefore no big deal. Fourth you said the victim was sending mix signals by not stoping him quick enough and therefore implying he was partly at fault. What is your denail about? Believing that all of these things are true. Don't bother to ask me this question or any other related questions again. You can believe what ever you want but as Maximus stated after reading one of your comment - "Wow, just wow."

P.S. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

This is the last time I am going to answer this since this is getting really dumb. First when the story originally broke you said there was no problem and it would all blow away.

It will.

Second you said that this could happen to any of us.

Given the standard for a sexual assault charge, as shown in this case, it is true that a lot of people could have been charged with sexual assault at some point in their life.

Third you implied that this was probably just a misunderstanding between two adults and therefore no big deal.
What about that is incorrect? As far as the evidence is goes, that is exactly what happened, up until whenChadima threatened the young man. That was very illegal and wrong.

Fourth you said the victim was sending mix signals by not stoping him quick enough and therefore implying he was partly at fault.

Letting a man undo your belt in that situation is pretty frickin weird man. He's not at fault at all, but I think it's pretty reasonable, given the stated facts, for Chadima to think the young man might have been gay.

What is your denail about? Believing that all of these things are true.

That isn't denial...or true

Don't bother to ask me this question or any other related questions again. You can believe what ever you want but as Maximus stated after reading one of your comment - "Wow, just wow."

Says the guys comparing the Chadima case to the Sandusky case. You are a disgusting human being. I truly feel sorry for those around you. Seriously, you must have incredible psychological issues to bring up the Sandusky case in this situation. If this was not Wisconsin you wouldn't have ever thought of going there. Those poor kids had their lives ruined. They thought they were finally going to be cared for by an adult (remember these were underprivileged children from rough backgrounds), and instead they were forcibly raped by the person they thought they could trust. What happened to them is disgusting and tragic beyond words. Again, to compare the two situations is ridiculous to the point of being morally wrong.

P.S. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Lose an argument, make a lame joke. You just are embarrassing yourself at this point.

Do you really not understand that this is about abuse of position/ authority? Are you denying this point?

Do you not see that there is some similiarity to Sandusky using position to seek "prey"? No one was arguing the level of wrong doing.

Do you really not understand that this is about abuse of position/ authority? Are you denying this point?

Do you not see that there is some similiarity to Sandusky using position to seek "prey"? No one was arguing the level of wrong doing.

He didn't abuse his authority when committing the sexual assault. He abused his power when he told the subordinate "I could have you fired." That's why he was forced to resign and that's why this is an issue.

So any time someone abuses their authority, it should be compared to the Sandusky case? That's the standard? Come on man.

He didn't abuse his authority when committing the sexual assault. He abused his power when he told the subordinate "I could have you fired." That's why he was forced to resign and that's why this is an issue.

So any time someone abuses their authority, it should be compared to the Sandusky case? That's the standard? Come on man.

You're an idiot.

Much ado about nothing. This is a non-issue.

Classic denial

You are right, I'm disagreeing that his actions are automatically considered sexual assault. I mean, how does he get the guys belt off before the accuser says "what are you doing?"

Here is some nice "blame the victim" denial.

As for underage drinking, who cares?

Maybe Barry Alvarez, Sean Frazier, and the unnamed Athletic Department employee who knew of the party, knew that University funds were used to purchase alcohol, and knew from prior parties that they served booze to underage kids. Maybe those guys should have cared.

Can't fault the whole athletic administration for that.

I'm already starting to run out of ways to describe your denial.

I see guys put their hands on girls all the time, try and kiss them, dance with them...but I would hardly be willing to say they are committing a crime

How about if they removed someone's belt without the permission and shoved their hand down their pants?

And FWIW both of Chadima's victims decided not to press charges.

No foul, no harm? That's not how it works. Many victims feel that "justice" rarely serves the victim. Just talk to some people who have been on the other side of that before you pontificate about how this is no big deal.

As for Chadima, he grabbed a guys junk after he had already got the belt undone...but it's not like Chadima walked up to the guy and immediately grabbed his junk...that would be sexual assault, just like grabbing some random girl's breast would be as well. That's not what happened. There was a sequence of events that lead them to that point.

Yeah...there was a sequence of events. Like a grown @ss man holding a drinking party for a bunch of kids, then asking one of them to hang out after everyone else leaves to have a couple of drinks. He asks him to make the drinks, and after making sure he is properly "primed" he asks if he's gay - 'cause...you know, some of the other kids here were saying that he might be - I'm just watching out for your best interests. At that point, you can't seem to get your head around the fact that he removed his belt without consent, put his hand down his pants, and you are still (incredibly) of the mind that this is not sexual assault.

...but this situation is not a big time scandal

Nope...no denial to see at all...move along folks.

I was more merely pointing out that pretty much everyone could have been accused, correctly, of sexual assault at some point in their life, unless they have been completely celibate.

Sure...Chadima was just being a guy, we all do it. It's like Chris Rock describing the White Tiger that attacked Siegfried (or Roy) "the tiger didn't go crazy, the tiger went tiger". You can't blame the tiger, just as you can't blame Chadima, right?

Huh? I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm not defending Chadima.

But you'll defend his actions of getting a belt off a kid and jamming his hand down his pants merely as something that's not really a big deal.

...the only way this becomes an NCAA matter is if something far bigger is going on. There doesn't seem to be any indication of that.

Except an investigation to find out whether or not BA or any other administrator had prior knowledge of a previous incident(s). Which would mean an institutional cover up, which was the original comparison to PSU. Not the actual crime, but whether or not the administration had knowledge that could have prevented further actions by the same person.

With sexual assault? Absolutely, most people could have been charged with sexual assault at some point in their lives. Chadima is a POS for using his power to try and keep the staffer from talking. The guy let him get his belt completely undone before Chadima grabbed his junk. That's pretty incredible. Like I said in the other thread, if I got a girl's bra off, I would be pretty confused if she accused me of sexual assault for subsequently touching her boob. However, if she decided, she could have me charged with sexual assault for touching her boob in that situation, or at least that's what I've gathered from the Chadima situation.

It's not like Chadima walked up to the guy and quickly grabbed his dick. They were alone drinking, he moved close to the guy, undid his belt and THEN grabbed his junk. I don't know about you, but I know it never would have gotten that far if I were the staffer. It's not like we are talking about children here who are being robbed of their innocence or being taken advantage of. We are talking about a closet homosexual who makes a move on a straight guy, gets turned down, is embarrassed, and subsequently tries to use his power to keep the straight guy from outing his sexuality.

Well, I have to give you credit. This entire post is free of any denial.

There are a bunch of other posts I could comb through, but I've got work to do before tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll look through some of those threads later to see if I can discover whether or not you are in denial.

I do hope you realize that by ignoring all this, and being sure in your own mind that you clearly stand in the right is denial, by it's very definition. Just in case...here you go:

"Denial (also called abnegation) is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.[1] The subject may use:
simple denial: deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether
minimization: admit the fact but deny its seriousness (a combination of denial and rationalization)
projection: admit both the fact and seriousness but deny responsibility."
Courtesy of Wikipedia. But feel free to deny this definition and find a different one that suits your needs more aptly.

Classic denial

Here is some nice "blame the victim" denial.

Maybe Barry Alvarez, Sean Frazier, and the unnamed Athletic Department employee who knew of the party, knew that University funds were used to purchase alcohol, and knew from prior parties that they served booze to underage kids. Maybe those guys should have cared.

I'm already starting to run out of ways to describe your denial.

How about if they removed someone's belt without the permission and shoved their hand down their pants?

No foul, no harm? That's not how it works. Many victims feel that "justice" rarely serves the victim. Just talk to some people who have been on the other side of that before you pontificate about how this is no big deal.

Yeah...there was a sequence of events. Like a grown @ss man holding a drinking party for a bunch of kids, then asking one of them to hang out after everyone else leaves to have a couple of drinks. He asks him to make the drinks, and after making sure he is properly "primed" he asks if he's gay - 'cause...you know, some of the other kids here were saying that he might be - I'm just watching out for your best interests. At that point, you can't seem to get your head around the fact that he removed his belt without consent, put his hand down his pants, and you are still (incredibly) of the mind that this is not sexual assault.

Nope...no denial to see at all...move along folks.

Sure...Chadima was just being a guy, we all do it. It's like Chris Rock describing the White Tiger that attacked Siegfried (or Roy) "the tiger didn't go crazy, the tiger went tiger". You can't blame the tiger, just as you can't blame Chadima, right?

But you'll defend his actions of getting a belt off a kid and jamming his hand down his pants merely as something that's not really a big deal.

Except an investigation to find out whether or not BA or any other administrator had prior knowledge of a previous incident(s). Which would mean an institutional cover up, which was the original comparison to PSU. Not the actual crime, but whether or not the administration had knowledge that could have prevented further actions by the same person.

Well, I have to give you credit. This entire post is free of any denial.

There are a bunch of other posts I could comb through, but I've got work to do before tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll look through some of those threads later to see if I can discover whether or not you are in denial.

I do hope you realize that by ignoring all this, and being sure in your own mind that you clearly stand in the right is denial, by it's very definition. Just in case...here you go:

"Denial (also called abnegation) is a defense mechanism postulated by Sigmund Freud, in which a person is faced with a fact that is too uncomfortable to accept and rejects it instead, insisting that it is not true despite what may be overwhelming evidence.[1] The subject may use:
simple denial: deny the reality of the unpleasant fact altogether
minimization: admit the fact but deny its seriousness (a combination of denial and rationalization)
projection: admit both the fact and seriousness but deny responsibility."
Courtesy of Wikipedia. But feel free to deny this definition and find a different one that suits your needs more aptly.

Not once did you actually provide an example me being in denial. Denial about what?! Seriously, what am I in denial about? That Chadima is POS? Nope, I clearly have stated that I believe he is. There is no NCAA involvement in this situation. Pretty much the only people talking about the case are on this website! Outside of news reports citing new allegations, this whole situation has been very uneventful. No charges have been filed, neither criminally nor civilly, and there likely never will be. The AD acted correctly and swiftly. There is nothing about this situation that leads me to believe that this thing will be any more than a blip on the radar a few months from now. What happens after the investigation is concluded? You think the NCAA is going to put a bowl ban on our football team because one of our gay AD employees acted inappropriately, but was never even charged with a crime...not to mention he has no more to do with our football team than he does with our women's basketball team.

What do you think is going to happen? The guy has been forced out. No one else has been even remotely implicated in the events. What's going to happen? Tell me. What am I in such denial about? What have I said that is unequivocally false? Some of you guys are grasping at straws here, praying that this becomes a scandal and that UW will fall. It won't and we won't.

Not once did you actually provide an example me being in denial. Denial about what?! Seriously, what am I in denial about? That Chadima is POS? Nope, I clearly have stated that I believe he is. There is no NCAA involvement in this situation. Pretty much the only people talking about the case are on this website! Outside of news reports citing new allegations, this whole situation has been very uneventful. No charges have been filed, neither criminally nor civilly, and there likely never will be. The AD acted correctly and swiftly. There is nothing about this situation that leads me to believe that this thing will be any more than a blip on the radar a few months from now. What happens after the investigation is concluded? You think the NCAA is going to put a bowl ban on our football team because one of our gay AD employees acted inappropriately, but was never even charged with a crime...not to mention he has no more to do with our football team than he does with our women's basketball team.

What do you think is going to happen? The guy has been forced out. No one else has been even remotely implicated in the events. What's going to happen? Tell me. What am I in such denial about? What have I said that is unequivocally false? Some of you guys are grasping at straws here, praying that this becomes a scandal and that UW will fall. It won't and we won't.

You, sir, are in major denial.

I'm seriously in no mood for a badger lover to be in denial tonight. I am pissed off that my church will not approve a youth minister. I stepped on a nail. Had a business dinner with a group to buy a 640 acre parcel of land to be preserved that didn't float the donars. And my kids were choking each other. Then I read Badger denial after I find we lost to those folks east of the river. If he sounds off one more time, I might just go all Wren on the guy. Not in the mood to hear denials that it is just like SANDUSKY! I don't care if the guy is gay or not. If he grabs some unsuspecting kids nuts, he deserves jail time.

By the way, anybody want to buy a tractor. One donor has 15 he will sell to raise money for a kids camp up by Brainard. The kids go to the camp for free, you get a tractor. Amazing offer. One classic and 14 parade ready. Will deliver to wherever you are. Okay. I'm feeling better.

Swing and a miss.

You are starting to sound like this guy.ar123057154278664.jpg

Top Bottom