Newcomers information

PigAxeJug

Fun Dip
Reaction score
Can some one fill me in? How many scholarships do we have this year to use? and do players like Searcy, who grayshirted, count against that number? Can some one give me a list of all new incoming players for next year, like Recruits and returning Grayshirts or Juco's?

The limit per year is 28. I'm not sure if greyshirts could against that number, but since they technically "enroll" in January, I don't see why they wouldn't since they are a part of this year's class. That said, we'll probably take more than that # because there are still fence sitters (Price) and guys with academic issues (Manuel). Every year we have a few guys drop or greyshirt, I'm sure it will happen again. Numbers shouldn't be an issue.

As for the list, just go to rivals, you can't seriously be that lazy.

im not lazy!

I just should have phrased my question better. Instead of the entire group of incoming players (i know the rivals list) i meant just the Greyshirt-ers or the Juco non-qualifiers who may be coming back like Rozell Gayden.

Whoops. Or maybe they don't apply...

According to their office a player coming in for the spring is only there for that current academic year which at that point is for half the year. So the NLI can not be applied. Once a prospect has enrolled they are no longer considered a prospect but a student athlete. At that point they will be offered a scholarship as a returning player not as a prospect. Remember a NLI is a contract between the player and the school. Mainly for the school to honor the offer, so the player can not play elsewhere, without penalties, and no other school can recruit them. Once they enroll in January as a student athlete no other school may contact them.
I dunno. I've read numerous things on the web and they all seem to contradict the other. If we offer a scholarship to a walk-on already on the team, I doubt that would apply to the max scholarship per class rule, so maybe greyshirts work the same way.

Gray shirts = Campion (back surgery) and Searcy (ACT/SAT scores)

Top Bottom