New Williams Arena Floor Pics

The new floor looks a lot like the Metrodome floor.

I was always a fan of Basketball Goldy at halfcourt, and the giant "MINNESOTA" and "GOLDEN GOPHERS." I guess I'll have to wait til I get in there and see how it looks in person.

I also will miss both Goldy at center court and the darker floor, as well as the bigger letters at the ends of the court...I guess I'll have to get used to it.

I talked to someone who saw the floor the other day, and he didn't really notice the floor being lower, but it definitely seems lower to me. Again, I'll have to see it to really gauge it myself.

Not only do I miss the big MINNESOTA and GOLDEN GOPHERS on the sidelines, I actually liked the old honey colored floor. Obviously, I'm in the minority on this viewpoint.

Likewise, the darker floor was something I really enjoyed when watching basketball on television... Some of the lighter courts such as arizona are really hard for me to watch.

That said I think it looks great otherwise, but I too will miss the darker floor.

I'm gonna miss the huge "MINNESOTA" and "GOLDEN GOPHERS" along the sidelines. They look too small now. Other than that the court looks great.

I agree, I think that part of the court is what stood out the most from a TV standpoint. Regardless the floor still looks good, it's significantly brighter than the previous one. I can't wait for this season!

Thanks for the pics. As long as there aren't crazy designs imbedded in the floor, I'm OK with the changes.

Dear Cub Foods, I have come to grips that your ads will probably still be in the corners. But PLEASE do your ads in maroon and gold! The big red CUB looks awful. If you do this, I will shop at Cub instead of my Super Target.

Face it Donovan, the ad revenue from Cub for that red symbol is much, much more than those stupid little promotions of lay ups, free throws and missed 3 pointers from condo. We need the red symbols. Live with it.

It does look good, i do like the amber that the age of the old floor gave us, i doubt that it will get even a little amber because i am assuming they used a waterborne product to coat it and to be "green" and those don't amber

Top Bottom