New Royce Quotes...

cfield23

Reaction score
Per Myron...

Royce White: “If [Tubby Smith] said [I could play Saturday], I would be back on the team,” he said

At least one NBA team has contacted people close to Royce White, according to a person familiar with the situation

Royce White says his next move will be "geared toward" his goal of playing pro basketball.

Just saw those myself and laughed my ass off. If Royce thinks he can force tubby's hand, he is an idiot. No chance Tubby let's a 19 year old give him an ultimatum like that. As a (former) Royce supporter, it's too bad he had to let his brain get in front of his athletic ability. For all we know that "so called NBA team" could have called and told him that he isn't ready for the NBA and to stay in school. What NBA team would want to offer an undersized PF with an average outside shot who's a nut case a contract? He has proved nothing but immaturity on so many different levels.

hopefully its the twolves since the gophers are too scared to play royce and many people including myself just want to see him play.

wizards

hopefully its the twolves since the gophers are too scared to play royce and many people including myself just want to see him play.

I think the Wizards need a player or two.

:D

No doubt, Tubby has been doing this too long and won too many games for him to let Royce White play his hand. That said, it could be a defining moment for the plateau of his tenure, especially if Mbwake is behind bars next year. Subtract Johnson and Westbrook and add Hollins and Eliason= a possible step backwards if we don't land Joseph.

The thought of no Mbakwe with the ?? surrounding Nolen, who knows if he plays again...ouch. Subtract Nolen, White , Johnson, Westbrook and Mbakwe and add Eliason and Hollins (if no Joseph). That is a worst case I don't want to think about. At least Devoe, Sampson, Blake, Carter and Williams give a talented core...but not a lot else. We really need Mbakwe and Nolen next year.

No doubt, Tubby has been doing this too long and won too many games for him to let Royce White play his hand. That said, it could be a defining moment for the plateau of his tenure, especially if Mbwake is behind bars next year. Subtract Johnson and Westbrook and add Hollins and Eliason= a possible step backwards if we don't land Joseph.

Assuming Royce is spending his last week on campus, not having Royce, Trevor or Cory would be a big step in the wrong direction in my opinion. Man this sucks!

The thought of no Mbakwe with the ?? surrounding Nolen, who knows if he plays again...ouch. Subtract Nolen, White , Johnson, Westbrook and Mbakwe and add Eliason and Hollins (if no Joseph). That is a worst case I don't want to think about. At least Devoe, Sampson, Blake, Carter and Williams give a talented core...but not a lot else. We really need Mbakwe and Nolen next year.

If mbakwe comes back and we get Cory, I will still feel good about the future of the program, without them I feel like we are starting over again.

C. Joseph
D. Joseph
Williams
Mbakwe
Sampson

Now that's a starting lineup I can live with!

from what he said earlier about wanting to be safe...maybe he shouldn't go to "gang wars" over the weekends and concentrate and that pro career a little better

Landing C. Joseph will solve a lot of problems. Joseph and Mbakwe instantly improves the team despite the other departures.

from what he said earlier about wanting to be safe...maybe he shouldn't go to "gang wars" over the weekends and concentrate and that pro career a little better

Are you talking about the "swaggathon" party he and his friends put on this weekend? They had red carpet entrance listed on the invitation, these kids think the are F-ing celebs, what a joke.

Per Myron...

Royce White: “If [Tubby Smith] said [I could play Saturday], I would be back on the team,” he said

At least one NBA team has contacted people close to Royce White, according to a person familiar with the situation

Royce White says his next move will be "geared toward" his goal of playing pro basketball.

Could Royce bypass college and euro-ball? I strongly dought he would go straight to th NBA, maybe a franchise could give him a contract to play for their D-League team?

A good part of me still thinks he will be a Gopher. Royce needs to shut his mouth and Tubby/Maturi need to give him a time-line. "If you shut the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# up and keep your nose clean maybe we will dress/play after your Feb. 9th court date vs Michigan."

I think it's probable Nolen will get this grades up this semester so I am penciling him in on next years roster. I do think Mbakwe will be playing for the Gophers too.

IF and that is IF White really is leaving the team, there will be another scholarship (Juco transfer?) out there.

And even if C.Joseph goes elsewhere we'd still start

Nolen
D.Joseph or Hoff
Williams
Mbakwe
Sampson

and have a lot of good players on the bench. If we sign C.Joseph, a stud Juco player, or if White's infantile grandiosity mellows, we've got a sweet sixteen ball-club.

I really believe the team will take a larger step forward next year than the small step back they've taken this year.

Are you talking about the "swaggathon" party he and his friends put on this weekend? They had red carpet entrance listed on the invitation, these kids think the are F-ing celebs, what a joke.

haha yeah...i mean, lets get real, this all makes brandon jennings look good...for how much i want royce to play for us and stuff, this is not even worth it anymore, i'd rather be talking about the gopher team and not an idividual who's trying to put himself higher than the team...

His statements today are probably the most stupid things he has said to date and that is saying a lot.

TEll me more about this!!

The NBA Development League would seem to be a reasonable option. For his own good he needs to play basketball and get away from all the media scrutiny and attention. Neither are going to happen while he is at Minnesota. I wish him well.

I thought he didn't feel safe?

Ohhhhhhh, so you mean he was just out to get attention! Always great of a young man to quit on his team and make a hooplah after an embarrassing loss.

Send him off to wherever he thinks he's wanted.

Call his bluff and let him go if that's what he wants to do

I hope like heck the university and Tubby don't blink. Call his bluff. Let Royce go on his merry way. Think long term not short term, as hard as that is for me to say after surviving the Monson years. I want the Gophers to win now like everyone else, we've all been waiting for this program to hit a definitive upward swing, but for me not it's not worth the price of catering to a 19-year-old kid with that track record (insert your, "He's just a young kid, we all make mistakes when we're young" quote here). No thank you.

It's clearly a loss talent-wise to the program (at least that's what we're assuming, he hasn't played a single second), but he's been nothing but cancer to the university and program since he stepped foot on campus. Tubby took a chance on Royce despite his checkered past (I don't fault Tubby for that, nor do I completely absolve him from any blame), and the program got burned. Unfortunately it happens in big-time college basketball recruiting, and this time it was us getting burned.

It's time to turn the page. I'm sure Royce has plenty of friends, family and hangers-on who will continue to enable him & allow him to continue viewing himself as a victim. That's fine. They can do that on their own time. The Gopher basketball program doesn't need the soap opera/circus any longer. Cut ties and use his scholarship to get another player for next year or down the road.

Now let's beat Penn State.

"I'm going to hold my breath until I die if I don't get what I want ... RIGHT NOW!!!"

I don't recall that working to well with my folks. Must have worked better for Royce.

Top Bottom