images.jpeg
    1.2 KB · Views: 276
  • img_5447-200x300.jpg
    img_5447-200x300.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 88
  • doc4b1b4b96db083158967607.jpg
    doc4b1b4b96db083158967607.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 82

His body looks similar to Rodney's. Is it wrong of me to say that I'm surprised he's so thin? With a dad who coaches in the NBA, I guess I would have thought he'd have been a little bulkier from being on some sort of strength program. Can't wait to see him play, though. You have to love the bloodlines on this kid.

Austin's papa.

Yeah, Austin needs to put on a few pounds but from all accounts he's a deadly shooter and has a great knowledge of the game.

He may turn into an NBA bound upperclassman...

Attachments

• 02F.jpg
    02F.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 44

At 17, if your metabolism is firing on all cylinders, hundreds of hours in the gym and millions of calories will still yield a skinny body.

Bulk comes with age, most of you should know that by now!

That guys is THIN!

attachment.php

Remember Ariel McDonald?

Ariel was and still is super-thin, but look at his career. Sometimes thin is deceiving and hides a player's strength. Hopefully Austin is one of those.

He's definitely skinny, but also looks pretty strong. He could probably use a redshirt year, but we may need his offense. From what I've seen of him, he shoots well and actually can create (which we terribly need).

Body-wise a little like Verdell Jones? Verdell has certainly proven a guy can play in the Big Ten with a slight frame. Some bulk wouldn't hurt, though.

Body-wise a little like Verdell Jones? Verdell has certainly proven a guy can play in the Big Ten with a slight frame. Some bulk wouldn't hurt, though.

Another really skinny guy was a top 5 NBA rookie this year.... Stephon Curry.

Who remembers Jay Burson for Ohio St.? He was awesome and was about 6 feet tall and weighed maybe 150lbs.

Burson was a little fella' but he could play. Didn't he have to wear a halo for awhile after he suffered a neck injury?

I do believe you are correct. I think he was undercut during a game, but I could be wrong.

Another really skinny guy was a top 5 NBA rookie this year.... Stephon Curry.

Stephen*

And I realize he is 6' 9", but skinny Kevin Durant has been highly successful at every level. The underlying theme here is that if you can shoot, it doesn't matter how strong you are.

Stephen*

And I realize he is 6' 9", but skinny Kevin Durant has been highly successful at every level. The underlying theme here is that if you can shoot, it doesn't matter how strong you are.

That's true. I didn't mean to imply that I thought Hollins' thin frame would keep him from being a good player at the U of M, just that I thought it looks like he needs to put on a bit more muscle weight. That will only help him to withstand the rigors of the physical play in the Big Ten.

That's true. I didn't mean to imply that I thought Hollins' thin frame would keep him from being a good player at the U of M, just that I thought it looks like he needs to put on a bit more muscle weight. That will only help him to withstand the rigors of the physical play in the Big Ten.

Absolutely. Gaining a couple more lbs would undoubtedly help him out in BT play. But with guys like Jones and Manny Harris being successful, I don't think Hollins' skinny frame should have us worried.

Thanks for posting the article on Burson. A nice read. Hard to believe it's been more than 20 years since he played at OSU.

Thanks for posting the article on Burson. A nice read. Hard to believe it's been more than 20 years since he played at OSU.

I recall a great game at the Barn where we won in the last seconds when I think Burson was called for a carry as he crossed the half court line. As he dribbled the ball clung to his knee for a split second and they called it on him, giving the Gophs the ball and the win. Burson had gone off for a huge number I believe and was making everything IIRC.

At 17, if your metabolism is firing on all cylinders, hundreds of hours in the gym and millions of calories will still yield a skinny body.

Bulk comes with age, most of you should know that by now!

Agree...

I know my metabolism has gotten way too slow for my liking. Anyhow, I just want to remind folks about Quincy Lewis! He was a skinny scorer and had a good career at the U.

Lou Hudson too

A long time ago. He could have used a few pounds. He did alright here and with the Atlanta Hawks for quite awhile.....

He will be fine, Rodney has added a lot of strength over the past year, although you would have to know what he looked like in high school compared to now to really see it. But let's not look at every thin player that has been successful and compare him to Hollins just for that reason. Your listing players that compensated being overly slim with other attributes, which is fine, but lets not pretend it's a plus.

Top Bottom