New Recruit?

mggoph

Section 112, Row 1
Reaction score
Rivals no longer has Nosa Equae as a "soft" verbal commitment to Colorado. Minnesota is now the only team listed as high on his list. Anybody know anything for sure? TIA.

If I were a betting man...

...I'd put some liberty coupons down on him committing to Minnesota!

Good catch mggoph! I've wanted to get this kid for awhile. No idea why scout only has him as a 2* look at his offers.

does his size get in the way a little bit?

most of the DE's are in the 6'4" to 6'5" range

he is 6'2"

i wonder if that hurts his ranking?

scout has him at DT, which would mean he would have to bulk up, but that is easier than growing;)

also scout says that he was being recruited by nebraska, so perhaps cosgrove has something to do with this.

Personally, I would be thrilled to bring in Eguae if we get the chance. He's had some pretty good programs pursuing him and he would add another high three-star prospect to a class that already has a bevy of them.

He probably needs to add some weight, but he seems to be very well thought by most scouts and he would almost certainly be a contributor down the road.

Regardless, this is some very welcome news imo!!

does his size get in the way a little bit?

most of the DE's are in the 6'4" to 6'5" range

he is 6'2"

i wonder if that hurts his ranking?

Willie VanDeSteeg is 6'2'' also. He was pretty good.

If he is listed at 6'2, then he's probably 6'1, but thats okay. Short D-Linemen came make up for a lack of height with strenght, quickness, determination, etc.

Jon Schlect ( I know thats a while a go - 10 years(?)) wasn't very tall, but he was ridiculously strong, played hard, and i think ended up 2nd team All Big Ten.

So, it can be done.

Top Bottom