New Recruit

goldfan24

Reaction score
The Gophers picked up another recruit this morning when Junior College CB Chrystin Lewis gave his verbal committment to Minnesota. BYU also offered Lewis. Looks like he has great speed and good size at 6-1 175 lbs. Welcome to Gopher Nation Chrystin!!!

This will hopefully help us out right away next year. I read somewhere last week that Chrystin can enroll in December so that should get him adjusted. Welcome to Gopher Nation Chrystin!

Good get, gives us a little more balance at db. Compared to this year, I think we will be able to breathe a little easier next year in regards to depth in the backfield.

Nice, just one question, is he a possible BPT in that he could start opposite carter, over collado? Even if he isn't, im happy with how the future of our secondary is improving.

This will hopefully help us out right away next year. I read somewhere last week that Chrystin can enroll in December so that should get him adjusted. Welcome to Gopher Nation Chrystin!

I believe that is true. It will also help our scholarship situation if he does enroll in December. Since we didn't sign a full class last time, he can count towards this years numbers. If he doesn't enroll early, he would put us at 23 commits plus if Campion and Searcy are added (and counted for next years class) we would already be full as you can only add a max of 25 per year.

Obviously Brew will oversign 25 to offset anyone that d-commits or doesn't qualify, but for however many he oversigns we will have to count on not qualifying or gray shirting next year. Depending on if Campion and Searcy can count for this years numbers or not, we only have 1-3 open scholarships remaining (assuming Chrystin enrols early and each of our current commits signs and qualifies).

I love his Rivals pic, in the nice shirt and tie haha. Looks like a respectable young man, I can get on board with that lol. And the fact that he can come in pretty much next month is also a bonus. I think he'll end up making a very nice impact by getting in early.

Where does this leave us with the recruitment of Brock vereen and RobDonovan Lewis since we are closing in on finishing off our recruiting for the year? Do we know for sure he will be enrolling in December so he doesn't count toward our 25 scholarship allotment?

I love his Rivals pic, in the nice shirt and tie haha. Looks like a respectable young man, I can get on board with that lol. And the fact that he can come in pretty much next month is also a bonus. I think he'll end up making a very nice impact by getting in early.

I heard he got that stuff at Macy's. Great place to shop.

I'm guessing his JuCo team has a dress code which IMO is a good idea but would probably hurt recruiting...

lewises

if robdonovan lewis commits, we'll have four guys named lewis playing corner next year - antoine, juco guy, kerry (assuming he's not a safety) and r.d.

if robdonovan lewis commits, we'll have four guys named lewis playing corner next year - antoine, juco guy, kerry (assuming he's not a safety) and r.d.

Dave Lee's personal nightmare.:D

Good get. I'd like to see Brew pick up another JUCO DB who could see the field next Fall.

I'd take an entire team named lewis if they are talented. Lewis, Lewis, Lewis, Lewis and Lewis with great protection buying time for Lewis who throws it down field and is caught by Lewis who gets hit hard but the ball is snagged out of the air by Lewis who takes it for a touchdown. Or was that too much? :)

Now we just need Leo Lewis to join the staff. Leo's one great guy!

Christyn...

Welcome to GN...looks like you'll be an important DB in Brew's 2010-11 lineup...enjoy the rest of your juco season and best wishes for a great two years as a GG.

I was afraid to open this thread with all the bad news today, but this was good. Welcome aboard Mr. Lewis..

Dave Lee's personal nightmare.:D

He would still say "...tackled by a Gopher player midfield at the 20...make that the 35...and out of bounds back at the 15...touchdown Minnesota!"

History

I see he's playing Juco in CA, but where is he from, where did he go to H.S., and does anyone know what type of prospect he was out of H.S. ?

I see he's playing Juco in CA, but where is he from, where did he go to H.S., and does anyone know what type of prospect he was out of H.S. ?

Here's the high school part.

http://www.citruscollege.edu/Athletics/Football/Pages/ChristynLewis.aspx

Height: 6’1

Weight: 165

Position: Defensive Back

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

High School: Bloomington High School

Achievements: Citrus…2008…played the 2008 season with the Fighting Owls…recorded 33 tackles, and was 2nd on the team with five pass break-ups…recorded a team high three blocked kicks…High School…prepped one varsity season for the Bruins and Coach Don Markham…named a 1st team All-Sunkist League honoree…was named Player of the Week on three different occasions…Other…participated in varsity track while at Bloomington

Personal Notes: born October 3, 1989…plans to major in forensic psychology

He wasn't a prospect coming out of high school, he weighed 130 lbs, now he's at least 165 lbs and 6 ftt. His coach said he's gained 35 lbs since he first arrived on campus, so I believe 6' 165 more then the 6'2 175lb figure, one of the sites has. At a minimum he'll be our tallest corner back.

Top Bottom