New Rankings Attended to 2010 Recruits

A top 50 recruit, a 4 star ATH, and a high 3 star QB so far. Great class so far!

Not a bad start at all...two of the three top (VERY talented) Minnesota high schoolers in this year's class, when Henderson has stated he is waiting for a while to commit anywhere. Can't do much better than that! :clap:

Go Gophers!

Should note that Parrish was a 5.7 3 star which is the highest RR rating a 3 star guy can get.

what ranking did the de from wayzata get? i do not see him i thought he would be a for 3 star...am i just not seeing him?

Kind of surprising. I thought Beau would be a 4 star.

It's amazing how these outfits created a commercial product with these labels. Pure genius.

They make and produce nothing. Instead, all they do is slap speculative labels on people ("stars") and....people give them money for it.

Unreal!

I doff my hat.

I take back everything negative I ever said about these services. They are a work of capitalist genius.

It's amazing how these outfits created a commercial product with these labels. Pure genius.

They make and produce nothing. Instead, all they do is slap speculative labels on people ("stars") and....people give them money for it.

Unreal!

I doff my hat.

I take back everything negative I ever said about these services. They are a work of capitalist genius.

How are they any different from film critics? Restaurant critics? Popular Mechanics? Consumer Reports? Mel Kiper Jr.? Standard & Poor's? Moody's?

How are they any different from film critics? Restaurant critics? Popular Mechanics? Consumer Reports? Mel Kiper Jr.? Standard & Poor's? Moody's?

One takes insight, training, and a measure of cultivated taste; moreover, in some cases, there are practical benefits and real-world consequences attached to their evaluations. The other is....opposite.

This is, admittedly, a distinction lost on many.

One takes insight, training, and a measure of cultivated taste; moreover, in some cases, there are practical benefits and real-world consequences attached to their evaluations. The other is....opposite.

This is, admittedly, a distinction lost on many.

Certainly, there are varying levels of sophistication required for different types of evaluation.

But are you insinuating that staff from Scouts, Rivals, etc. all decide to gather around a keg one night and start haphazardly attaching stars to players?

Furthermore, I think that hundreds of coaches, ADs, presidents, players, fans, TV execs, etc., etc., would beg to differ with your assessment that their scoring system lacks either "practical benefits" or "real-world consequences."

Certainly, there are varying levels of sophistication required for different types of evaluation.

But are you insinuating that staff from Scouts, Rivals, etc. all decide to gather around a keg one night and start haphazardly attaching stars to players?

Furthermore, I think that hundreds of coaches, ADs, presidents, players, fans, TV execs, etc., etc., would beg to differ with your assessment that their scoring system lacks either "practical benefits" or "real-world consequences."

I think the problem is that many of these guys who do the evaluating for the services have never coached a position or been a coordinator at all, many are or were at best football administrative personal such as video coordinators, admin assistants, or recruiting coordinators, versus being a WR coach or the like.

They've also done position rankings on rivals:

Jimmy Gjere: #7 best OL
Tom Parish: #13 best Dual Threat QB
Lamonte Edwards: #26 best athlete

Lewis not ranked.

Top Bottom