New predicition line (just once)

book

Reaction score
At the risk of giving too much pub to Pat R. I thought it might be fun to predict what he will say after the next game (if he does at all). Will it be:
1. S. Cal. has its worst team ever - we should have won by 30.
2. this game set bb back 40 years (nothing under 90 pts. will do)
3. There was 4000 fans at the barn and nobody cheered.
4. The refs gave the Gophers every call tonight.
5. A lousy non-conference sched (like who doesn't have one)
6. Too much live band stuff - I want canned music...
7. Minn will not win a game in the Big 10...

Got any others?
P.S, Pat, write about baseball only... You are not bad at that...

He probably won't write about Gopher hoops in back to back articles. He'll take some "human interest" piece about some community college team.

He probably won't write about Gopher hoops in back to back articles. He'll take some "human interest" piece about some community college team.
Probably talk about a Minnesota kid playing at the JuCo level. I have an idea for him... Lol

Gophers vs. USC -- likely a grinder

I must say, on paper the Gophers vs. USC game has a chance to be one of the uglier games in recent times at Williams Arena. The Gophers are pretty much a whole new team trying to figure things out, Kevin O'Neill's teams almost always are tough-minded & play salty defense, and this particular 'SC squad has an extremely difficult time scoring. Witness some of the Trojans' scores:

Lost to UNLV 66-55
Lost to San Diego State 56-54
Beat UC-Riverside 56-35
Lost to Cal Poly 42-36

The high point total for the Trojans this year is 66.

If this game's not in the 50's (or dare I say 40's?) color me surprised. Darling Nikki from Prince's Purple Rain heydays would likely enjoy this game. As long as the Gophers win, no problems here.

No mention of their 64-61 (or therabouts) loss to Nebraska in double OT?

Forgot that one was 2 OT's, FTB. That was a veritable scoring explosion in 50 minutes of action!

He will marvel and breakdown all 8 notes of the Trojan fight song and wish the travel pep band had played it more than 641 times. The Gophers will blow out the Pac 12 juggernaut.

Top Bottom