New player you are most excited for???

balds

Reaction score
For me, Keanon Cooper. Loved how athletic he looked in his film and love the idea of having the fastest guy on the team at OLB. Slightly worried that his slightness might get him steamrolled on occasion, but he looks like a real playmaker.

A lot of guys to choose from but I think Bryant Allen can be a huge difference maker this year with his versatility.
________
Hash honey oil

Keanon Cooper as well. I hope to see he and Lawrence on the field at the same time, talk about speed at the LB position that we have never seen before. Also I am excited to see Gray take over the starting QB role Ala Pryor over Boeckman

Tyrone Carters' nephew.

TC was my favorite gopher of all time. after the "FARGO FLASH"!

bryant allen. Love this kid, you can put him everywhere, and if nothing else will be a stud speacial teams player. He hustles every single play

Cooper, Hayo, Carter, Gray, Hageman, etc. This is awesome, I don't remember a time where there has been so many people getting me pumped up.

The single moment I am more excited for is watching Sam Maresh bring that flag out on the stadium!

Excited: Well, Pittman was only involved in one real play last year and that was a trick play (receiver pass or direct snap, I don't remember) that was a pass for a touchdown. I think Pittman could be a very exciting player. I am also very excited about our receiving crew: Eric Decker, Hayo Carpenter, Brandon Green and Xzavian Brandon.

Curious: I am very curious to see how the transfers - Carufel and Royston - play. Were they simply underutilized at ND and Wisconsin, or were they really not up to the levels to allow them to start at those institutions. I'm hoping that they are both outstanding players. It would be nice to see Royston play some role in winning the axe this year.

Excited: Well, Pittman was only involved in one real play last year and that was a trick play (receiver pass or direct snap, I don't remember) that was a pass for a touchdown. I think Pittman could be a very exciting player. I am also very excited about our receiving crew: Eric Decker, Hayo Carpenter, Brandon Green and Xzavian Brandon.

Curious: I am very curious to see how the transfers - Carufel and Royston - play. Were they simply underutilized at ND and Wisconsin, or were they really not up to the levels to allow them to start at those institutions. I'm hoping that they are both outstanding players. It would be nice to see Royston play some role in winning the axe this year.

If he can stay healthy, Pittman may be a surprise to people this year.

Cooper, Hayo, Carter, Gray, Hageman, etc. This is awesome, I don't remember a time where there has been so many people getting me pumped up.

The single moment I am more excited for is watching Sam Maresh bring that flag out on the stadium!

Completely agree. I'm looking forward to seeing all those guys play.

But the whole Maresh thing takes precedence for me. And at a certain level, I don't care if how much he sees or doesn't see the field. Just having him in uniform will be awesome!!!:D

Hoping

Whaley can be a big surprise for us.

Completely agree. I'm looking forward to seeing all those guys play.

But the whole Maresh thing takes precedence for me. And at a certain level, I don't care if how much he sees or doesn't see the field. Just having him in uniform will be awesome!!!:D

I get what you're saying but I want him to see the field a lot because he has the chance to be the best MLB we have had since I've been alive...since Mecklenberg?

Since most of the usual subjects have been mentioned, I will take a flyer on a guy who could be the answer in the running game, and those third and short fourth quarter attempts. Jonathan Hoese.

I can't remember the last time we had so much incoming talent. This years class + Cooper, Reeves, Gray, and Maresh. Bout time.

For me - Rashede Hageman. He's a program changing tight end. Forget Rivals or Scout, have you seen this kid play? Size, speed, strength. There's a reason Lemming gave him some serious accolades.

Without a doubt it will be Sam Maresh. Seeing Sam come thru the tunnel in TCF Bank Stadium carrying the flag come September 12 is going to be a most amazing moment!

Its pretty tough for any Fr. to come in and be big impact at LB. I think sam is in a perfect position to come in behind Campbell and learn and get spot playing time and brought along slowly. He will be a monster.

As for Carefel(sp) I don't think you can judge him by how he did at ND. Very few if any fr. or rfr. are ready to play line at this level. most are 3-4-5 yr players. He will be interesting to watch.

Excited versus need

We NEED our o line to be much better, so I'm excited about Willis and Carufel helping the offense run effectively to open up the passing game. However I'm excited as a fan to see Hayo's speed and Grey's flashes of athleticism at the QB possition, when he gets his chances. Defensively we NEED another pass rusher, so I'm excited about anyone who can get to the QB. However as a fan I'm excited about our LB play both with experience (Simoni and Campbell) and speed (Simoni and Cooper)

It's just amazing at the number of legitimate picks. It will be exciting to watch them all develop and to see this team improve throughout the year. For me the one I'm going to watch, and not because I think he'll make the biggest impact (actually think his role will be small this year) is Allen. i'm just very curious about him and how we will use him.

Who'll make the biggest impact? At the end of the year we'll probably point to a skill player but it'll all happen because of willis and carufel.

if the question refers to a new player who is coming in next year, then my pick is kerry lewis.

if it is new player who hasn't played, or hasn't played much--definitely hoese.

Top Bottom