New Play 4 brew website

One thing's for sure: Brewster knows how to sell himself and the program

Holy. Cow. That's the nicest University-affiliated site I think I've ever seen.

It is stuff like this that make me root hard for Brewster to succeed. I love how he loves MN.

He needs a contract extension to allow him to continue to recruit at the highest possible level.

Go Gophers!

WOW! PLAY4BREW!!!

It needs a little work (or at least the servers do). I have extremely high speed internet and it was loading slow mid-day.

The design itself is very nice though! Quite impressive! Let's hope the product on the field can match that...

It needs a little work (or at least the servers do). I have extremely high speed internet and it was loading slow mid-day.

The site looks very nice, but slow or choppy performance are problems for Flash only websites. It not only takes longer to download because the file size is larger, but it also takes a fast computer to render the site in real time. Throw in all the video and this site may crawl on a slower computer. I wonder how many recruits have access to the speediest computers? They should build an alternative html site so that everyone can see the content in a speedy format.

I have a fairly fast computer with a dual core processor and 256MB stand alone video card, and the website's main page uses 71% of the processors power (the other pages use about 45%). An average html website uses less than 5%.

PlayForBrew.com is for recruits and I'm hoping they know it may not be a good experience for some of them.

The design itself is very nice though! Quite impressive! Let's hope the product on the field can match that...

hmmm. i have high-speed internet as well and the site seemed to load just fine with no lags at all.

It doesn't load for me. Not sure if my development environment is hogging the resources or not, but I get nothing.

Looks extremely impressive. I likes it a lot. One thing though, the borders kinda crop out some of the pics. But besides that, very nice!

Not a big fan of pure flash sites. They're not machine parsable so they're incompatible with screen readers the blind and partially sighted rely on, which runs counter to the standards the WC3 has set down for accessibility. They should have at least provided a text only alternate site but if you visit it without flash it just displays a blank page.

Not a big fan of pure flash sites. They're not machine parsable so they're incompatible with screen readers the blind and partially sighted rely on, which runs counter to the standards the WC3 has set down for accessibility. They should have at least provided a text only alternate site but if you visit it without flash it just displays a blank page.

Good thing there aren't many visually handicapped football players that the Gophers are recruiting.

Good thing there aren't many visually handicapped football players that the Gophers are recruiting.
But they may have parents, siblings or other people involved in the decision making process who are. That really wasn't my point though, it was more a comment on the development philosophy behind it. It's a criticism of the developer not Brewster.

The accessibility standards exist to encourage developers to make all information accessible to as many people as possible. It's disappointing when developers flagrantly ignore them.

One thing that I love about Brewster's recruiting approach is how much he sells the Gopher players in the NFL. This is even more impressive considering how few there are, and how even less of them are serious players.

If you want to recruit top talent, you need to show them that they can make it in the NFL from your program. Decker will help in that regard, even though he wasn't a Brewster recruit. I was hoping Weber would, but it looks like that dream has died.

Also, Brewster has some oily skin. Maybe the close-ups weren't such a good idea. :)

Oooooh.....as a recruiting junkie I love the coaching recruiting feature, particularly their recruiting areas. If you follow recruiting, most of it is self-evident, but it's nice to know who is in charge of what exact areas and what positions.

I wish we had someone focused on the Mountain West states. Just think about the players we've gotten from Colorado alone. States like Utah, Nevada, Montana, etc. are producing a lot more NFL talent lately and it's only going to increase as the populations in those states rise. Maybe just have Brewster make a few calls since he used to coach for the Broncos and most people in those states are Broncos fans.

I got dizzy scrolling around the site. Pretty cool though.

Did anyone else notice that the maroon on the site didn't match the maroon trim on the all-gold jerseys?

Ya I saw that but our colors are never consistant. When the turf went into the bank, everyone on here jumped all over the endzone's being a different color than the seats. It must be hard to match colors...

wow that is really nice...gotta love brew's style...he can sell the program. I still have alot of faith in him just gotta give it time.

Like I said, I loaded it mid-day, and likely under high traffic to the site (when this thread was new).

My internet is 20MB and my computer is a gaming computer. It's not on my end.

Then something else is wrong...I loaded it fine from home and work in TX.

Awesome site.

Did Brewster update his "coaching record" as well?

Top Bottom