New Ordinance creates 1,000 new parking spaces

gophmeister

Reaction score
Just saw on the news that the Minneapolis city council approved a city ordinance to allow businesses around TCF Bank Stadium to sell parking on game day.

Just saw on the news that the Minneapolis city council approved a city ordinance to allow businesses around TCF Bank Stadium to sell parking on game day.

Which channel? Fantastic news!

Great news, I hope that means that those who park in those sposts are allowed to tailgate.

Great news, I hope that means that those who park in those sposts are allowed to tailgate.

Agreed. If they didn't extend tailgate privileges then this is pointless from an overall atmosphere perspective.

Not to put a damper on things-I am not an alkie-but they did not change the liquor part of the ordinance. No alcohol is allowed in public parking lots...

Not to put a damper on things-I am not an alkie-but they did not change the liquor part of the ordinance. No alcohol is allowed in public parking lots...

Boo. The march towards a better gameday atmosphere continues.

Great, it will free up more street parking! Last year I parked up near the witch's hat water tower and walked. This should mean I can get a bit closer.

This seems only logical to me, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. Was the U involved in the decision last year and or this year. I seem to have forgotten.
2. Seems to me this will result in more congestion on campus during game day-1,000 more vehicles finding parking spots and many more trying to but failing. Many of them not exactly sure what lot they are going to.

This seems only logical to me, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. Was the U involved in the decision last year and or this year. I seem to have forgotten.
2. Seems to me this will result in more congestion on campus during game day-1,000 more vehicles finding parking spots and many more trying to but failing. Many of them not exactly sure what lot they are going to.

1. The U swears they were not involved. It was all a Minneapolis City problem.
2. Quite true, but since many Minnesotans will seemingly drive around a parking lot for hours trying to get a parking spot near a Mall door but will conversely, park blocks away from a stadium so they can "beat the crowds" or not pay the $20 to park close. Maybe they will cancel each other out.

It really is quite BIG of local government to give property owners permission on how they can use their own property. Novel idea. Booze hasn't been a problem in the lot we tailgate in to this point. Hopefully that will continue.

Top Bottom