New NCAA stats...

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
For what they are worth: Gophers 109th of 120 in rushing; 114th of 120 in total offense; Weber 95th of 100 listed in passing efficiency.

That just means my season on NCAA Football 2k11 is gonna be a lot harder, Weber is gonna suck on there........

Other current stats...

For 120 teams:

Total defense #61
Punt Returns #22
Kickoff Returns #41
Punting #29
Field Goals #34
PAT Kicking #1 (Tied with 33 others)
Fumbles recovered #8
Fumbles Forced #34
Red Zone Conversions #54
Kicks/Punts Blocked #10

Our ST's and Defense improved quite a bit. It's why we were able to achieve 6 wins. But let's look at this. A three year starter as a QB, with good numbers coming in, improved WR's, improved OL, improved RB situation. Considerably worse results. What's even more frustrating is to try and think of what worked, what could you keep and build on, and you can't. Man I hope Fisch figures it out.

Schnoodler, I've tried to not be a complainer. I'm old and have other things in my life that merit more complaining than Gopher football ever will, but I thought Fisch just out-thought himself too often this year and put too much into the offensive scheme. When you're switching over to a new offense, my guess is one should start slow and build a foundation of plays and sets and then put wrinkles on that. It just seemed that Fisch was throwing stuff out there totally out of the blue.

Hard to know why the running game got so bad.

running game is bad cause you don't have a back over 5 ft 10 or over 200 pounds.... great kids great football players wrong system those are spread backs

running game is bad cause you don't have a back over 5 ft 10 or over 200 pounds.... great kids great football players wrong system those are spread backs

I don't know enough about the relative merits of our system vs. last year's spread, but it's struck me a few times this season that Whaley would be looking really good if every other carry he didn't get an o-lineman pushed into him and fall on his ass at first contact. So...you might have something there.

Top Bottom