New Hockey Commitment

Hammy

Reaction score
Thought I'd mention it over here... Louie Nanne of Edina (Lou Nanne's grandson) committed to the Gophers last night.

Could the other Nanne grandson be far behind?

Go Gophers!!

Nice commit. A very hard working player who will most likely stay for 3 or 4 years and could end up putting nice point totals up if he develops a lot. Still only going to be a junior. Wish list going forward ranked in order:

Forward
1. Taylor Cammarata - Waterloo (USHL)
2. Hudson Fasching - NTDP program Formerly of Apple Valley
3. Gabe Guertler - Fargo (USHL) From Florida
4. Vinni Lettieri - Minnetonka

Defense
1. Ian McCoshen - Waterloo (USHL) Formerly of Hudson, WI
2. Michael Brodzinski - Blaine
3. Willie Raskob - Shattuck, formerly of Hastings

Goalie

Hunter Miska NTDP - Formerly of North Branch

Than you have guys like Jake Guentzel (Hill Murray), Parker Reno (Edina), and Clint Lewis (NTDP) that seem to fit the bill of a high level D1 recruit that I am a little unsure of/don't know enough about them. All players listed would be juniors in high school this year. TJ Roo (Totino) also seems to be highly skilled with good size but I'm not sure he would warrant an offer over the other players mentioned

I have no idea where we stand on the defenders listed but I am fairly certain we will land Cammarata and Fasching who certainly are some of the highest ranked recruits to come out of Minnesota in the last 10 years. I'm talking top 10 draft pick in their draft years huge. Cammarata put up something like 145 points at Shattuck last year. Than again you have the problem of how long are they willing to wear the M on their chest which is another issue.

Could the other Nanne grandson be far behind?

Go Gophers!!

I don't know if you mean Tyler but he'd probably be a ways off.

If you are talking about Vinni Lettieri, that is certainly a possibility in the coming months. We'll see.

Nice commit. A very hard working player who will most likely stay for 3 or 4 years and could end up putting nice point totals up if he develops a lot. Still only going to be a junior. Wish list going forward ranked in order:

Forward
1. Taylor Cammarata - Waterloo (USHL)
2. Hudson Fasching - NTDP program Formerly of Apple Valley
3. Gabe Guertler - Fargo (USHL) From Florida
4. Vinni Lettieri - Minnetonka

That's a good top 4 and we have a good shot with all four of them. My personal feeling is the most important in that group is Guertler. Not necessaily because he will end up the "best" player of the four but more because of other factors. He is a top US player that is from outside of MN (yes, he has ties here as his dad grew up here and at least one close relative went to the U). It isn't unexpected for the Gophers to get kids like the other three you mention. It isn't nearly as common for the Gophers to land an elite out of state kid. Beyond his ability, I think it would be very valuable for the Gophers to get Guertler from a PR standpoint.

Defense
1. Ian McCoshen - Waterloo (USHL) Formerly of Hudson, WI
2. Michael Brodzinski - Blaine
3. Willie Raskob - Shattuck, formerly of Hastings

I like McCoshen. Brodzinski is a good player but the feeling I get is he'll be headed elsewhere (and I don't mean SCSU like his older brother either). Raskob is a good player. The question is whether the need for another smaller offensive d-man will be necessary when he makes a decision. Hard to say unless you are one of the Gopher coaches.

Than you have guys like Jake Guentzel (Hill Murray), Parker Reno (Edina), and Clint Lewis (NTDP) that seem to fit the bill of a high level D1 recruit that I am a little unsure of/don't know enough about them. All players listed would be juniors in high school this year. TJ Roo (Totino) also seems to be highly skilled with good size but I'm not sure he would warrant an offer over the other players mentioned

Honestly, I'd put Reno in the top 3 defensemen you listed above. If he hadn't missed last HS season due to injury, he'd be getting a lot more hype right now. Very good size mixed with good skill. He has more upside than guys like Brodzinski and Raskob. Don't be surprised if Reno ends up at the U.

Pretty sure Clint Lewis is the kid who was anonymously quoted in Charley Walters column a few weeks ago. The anonymous kid was spouting off about how he wasn't considering the Gophers because he felt UMD and UND would be playing in a better conference in a few years. The truth? He was very interested in playing for the Gophers but our coaches wanted to be patient and watch his progress more before making any offer... and Lewis' camp didn't like that (hence, the reaction you read in the column). If true, he's not the kind of attitude I'd want on the team.

Jake Guentzel is a good little player. I know he has a few offers already but I am pretty sure Lucia hasn't made one at this point. Obviously Mike would probably love to have his son in the program. I guess we'll have to see how it plays out. We made an error by not going after Guentzel's other two boys (who turned out to be solid/good college players). I'd hate to see it happen three times... but I don't control that either!

Hammy -

I completely agree with the Guertler assumption. Right now even though I love having great minnesota talent on this team because it is who we are and have been for a long time, there simply is just too much talent outside of Minnesota that we keep losing out on because of tradition. Now what is really interesting about this situation is the onset of the B1G conference. We will now have a much larger recruiting net we can spread out IMO with the addition of Michigan/Michigan State/Penn State and the BTN.

Personally I would love to add a few players from our neighbors up to the north. The womans team had a few in the freshman class last year and they had unreal seasons for the gophers. North Dakota certainly has had an advantage in that regards lately because they love bringing in Canadiens and rightfully so. They are tough, gritty, passionate and can produce on the offensive front. We completely lack that on this team and it's neccesary to have those types of players if you want to win.

On players:

Parker Reno - is there even interest from the Gopher staff though? He seems like he is a great player with nice size and offensive instincts but I was unaware of his injury he had last year so maybe that is why I haven't heard of him much lately. He has definitely piqued my interest, to say the least. Will be interesting to see how he does at Edina this year.

Clint Lewis - He is a big project and I was somewhat surprised the NTDP took him on. Your comments only confirm that I would not be interested in having him with this program. I'm sure he is a nice kid but it just screams problems aka the Gardiner situation.

Cammarata/Guertler/Lettieri - Personally, I would not like to bring in all 3. I feel like we will land Cammarata/Lettieri and after that you have to really look hard at Guertler. I think we will need to bring in someone with more size to go along with Fasching. Is there anyone else that we might be interested in who would fit the mold of a player more like Fasching and less like the small skilled players? Maybe there is room for all 3 but I am too lazy to look the scholarship situation.

Brodzinski - I really hope you are wrong about that and I realize you have more connections to the program than I do but he is going to be a great player. Maybe having Bjugstad at the U could have gave him aspirations of wearing the M sweater if he looked up to him while he was younger? I guess that is a major reach to assume.

My gut says we land Mccoshen. I think he is a must get IMO.

I completely agree with the Guertler assumption. Right now even though I love having great minnesota talent on this team because it is who we are and have been for a long time, there simply is just too much talent outside of Minnesota that we keep losing out on because of tradition. Now what is really interesting about this situation is the onset of the B1G conference. We will now have a much larger recruiting net we can spread out IMO with the addition of Michigan/Michigan State/Penn State and the BTN.

I think we have done fine outside of the state. We just haven't really landed "big fish" types. Although I suppose Haula kind of qualifies to some degree.

My focus on Guertler is mainly because he is among the top few kids in the US at that age group. I don't care if he isn't on the NTDP. He is among that group's best. With his ties around the area, I just think it would be pretty beneficial to get him.

Personally I would love to add a few players from our neighbors up to the north.

I guess I am lukewarm on it. Don't really care whether they are from Canada or not. Big Ten or not, we'll probably never be a big player for Canadian kids and I am fine with that as long as we maintain are strong hold locally and supplement it well with some quality junior hockey kids in the USHL.

Parker Reno - is there even interest from the Gopher staff though? He seems like he is a great player with nice size and offensive instincts but I was unaware of his injury he had last year so maybe that is why I haven't heard of him much lately. He has definitely piqued my interest, to say the least. Will be interesting to see how he does at Edina this year.

From what I understand, they are pretty high on Reno. He messed up his knee last year in the elite league. I believe it was an ACL. In any case, he didn't play during HS season because of it. I'm sure he is getting close to normal so I'd suspect a pretty good year out of him. He started off the elite league season pretty well this past weekend with a 1 goal and 3 assists.

Cammarata/Guertler/Lettieri - Personally, I would not like to bring in all 3. I feel like we will land Cammarata/Lettieri and after that you have to really look hard at Guertler. I think we will need to bring in someone with more size to go along with Fasching. Is there anyone else that we might be interested in who would fit the mold of a player more like Fasching and less like the small skilled players? Maybe there is room for all 3 but I am too lazy to look the scholarship situation.

I'd take all three. Mainly because I am of the mindset that skill players that don't have the optimal pro frame (i.e. 6'+) are more likely to stay 3 or 4 years in college and do some real damage. I want that kind of continuity. That is the main reason why UMD won the title last year. As much as I want Fasching to be a Gopher, the reality is he is probably no more than a two year player before he goes pro. So I can understand why they may be interested in focusing more on the average size kid with very good skill.

I agree we will need some size to balance things out up front but you can find hard working, gritty players that can skate more easily than you can find elite skilled players that can put the puck in the net. Besides, it really isn't about size as much as it is about showing a willingness to play physical. Troy Riddle wasn't big but he'd certainly didn't shy away from throwing his body around.

Brodzinski - I really hope you are wrong about that and I realize you have more connections to the program than I do but he is going to be a great player. Maybe having Bjugstad at the U could have gave him aspirations of wearing the M sweater if he looked up to him while he was younger? I guess that is a major reach to assume.

I heard this summer that UND, UNO, Notre Dame and SCSU were the schools showing most interest. The dad is a big SCSU backer and his brother will be headed there. I get the feeling he won't be going to SCSU though.

My gut says we land Mccoshen. I think he is a must get IMO.

It'll be interesting. He's a WI kid but is far closer to the U than he is Madison. I'm sure we have a pretty solid chance. Hard to say for sure with him. Wittchow is another kid too. Gophs, UW and CC was mentioned for him. I know he has ties to UW so I'd probably say they are the favorite but we'll have to see. He did turn down a spot on their team for this next season so he could play in the USHL so maybe he isn't necessarily locked in there. Besides, I think Guentzel is a better guy to have than Butters. Butters has done some good things too but I think Guentzel connects with kids much better.

I think we have done fine outside of the state. We just haven't really landed "big fish" types. Although I suppose Haula kind of qualifies to some degree.

My focus on Guertler is mainly because he is among the top few kids in the US at that age group. I don't care if he isn't on the NTDP. He is among that group's best. With his ties around the area, I just think it would be pretty beneficial to get him.

I guess I am lukewarm on it. Don't really care whether they are from Canada or not. Big Ten or not, we'll probably never be a big player for Canadian kids and I am fine with that as long as we maintain are strong hold locally and supplement it well with some quality junior hockey kids in the USHL.

From what I understand, they are pretty high on Reno. He messed up his knee last year in the elite league. I believe it was an ACL. In any case, he didn't play during HS season because of it. I'm sure he is getting close to normal so I'd suspect a pretty good year out of him. He started off the elite league season pretty well this past weekend with a 1 goal and 3 assists.

I'd take all three. Mainly because I am of the mindset that skill players that don't have the optimal pro frame (i.e. 6'+) are more likely to stay 3 or 4 years in college and do some real damage. I want that kind of continuity. That is the main reason why UMD won the title last year. As much as I want Fasching to be a Gopher, the reality is he is probably no more than a two year player before he goes pro. So I can understand why they may be interested in focusing more on the average size kid with very good skill.

I agree we will need some size to balance things out up front but you can find hard working, gritty players that can skate more easily than you can find elite skilled players that can put the puck in the net. Besides, it really isn't about size as much as it is about showing a willingness to play physical. Troy Riddle wasn't big but he'd certainly didn't shy away from throwing his body around.

I heard this summer that UND, UNO, Notre Dame and SCSU were the schools showing most interest. The dad is a big SCSU backer and his brother will be headed there. I get the feeling he won't be going to SCSU though.

It'll be interesting. He's a WI kid but is far closer to the U than he is Madison. I'm sure we have a pretty solid chance. Hard to say for sure with him. Wittchow is another kid too. Gophs, UW and CC was mentioned for him. I know he has ties to UW so I'd probably say they are the favorite but we'll have to see. He did turn down a spot on their team for this next season so he could play in the USHL so maybe he isn't necessarily locked in there. Besides, I think Guentzel is a better guy to have than Butters. Butters has done some good things too but I think Guentzel connects with kids much better.

Thanks for the lengthy response. If these recruits come to fruition that will be great, but I still have no faith in Lucia regaining his lost luster. I had a friend that lived with a few members of the gopher hockey team while we were both in college (recent), and he always told me how the players he lived with hated/despised Lucia. I truly believe that those were real statements because it showed on the ice with the lack of heart/drive the team showed in comparison with previous successful years. When a coach loses his players, it's over.

So, hypothetically, what options do you think there are out there if we happen to let Lucia go? With Maturi gone the possibility is highly likely if we continue to flounder. Do you think the gopher hockey program still has the allure which could steal away a high profile young coach?

Vinni Lettieri (another of Lou Nanne's grandsons) has committed to the Gophers. He picked them over North Dakota.

I loved Vinni's Dad back in the day when he played for the Minnesota Strikers. He used to throw a stuffed parrot into the crowd before each game. Now he makes great pizza!

who else offered Vinni? Will the Nanne grandsons be in the same class or will they enter the u at different years?

I loved Vinni's Dad back in the day when he played for the Minnesota Strikers. He used to throw a stuffed parrot into the crowd before each game. Now he makes great pizza!

who else offered Vinni? Will the Nanne grandsons be in the same class or will they enter the u at different years?

I don't entirely know who all offered him but I think it is safe to say when you have the Gophers and UND offering you, many other schools would like to have you.

I am not sure what class they will be coming in as. My suspicion is they will finish out HS hockey, graduate, play a year of USHL, and then come to the U as in 2014.

Solid Pick up, obviously. Things are starting to get rolling a little bit here...I wonder if the Nanne commitment was used to steer Vinny towards the program at all since he was highly sought after?

I think we lock up Fasching next. Just a hunch.

Solid Pick up, obviously. Things are starting to get rolling a little bit here...I wonder if the Nanne commitment was used to steer Vinny towards the program at all since he was highly sought after?

I think we lock up Fasching next. Just a hunch.

They were recruited on their own merits. Nanne was getting interest from some good schools in his own right. But it obviously doesn't hurt to have a cousin on the team too.

I can't say 100% but I think Fasching will take a little while yet. I am pretty sure there will be a few others before he decides.

They were recruited on their own merits. Nanne was getting interest from some good schools in his own right. But it obviously doesn't hurt to have a cousin on the team too.

I can't say 100% but I think Fasching will take a little while yet. I am pretty sure there will be a few others before he decides.

I'm very pumped about the Gabe Guertler commit, although I must say, I don't really know much about him other than what i read during the last tournament he was involved in with team USA.

I hope Nanne will be a really hard working solid 4 year player. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

nice call btw. It certainly should help recruiting that we are getting who we wanted.

Well JackiO,

We're not done. It is great vibes back for the team... and recruiting.

Forum: Gophers go south to land Force forward Guertler

FARGO – Four Hobey Baker Award winners.

More than 50 Olympians.

Eight Stanley Cup champions. Countless NHL Draft picks. Several Hall of Famers.

These are all things the University of Minnesota’s esteemed hockey program has had in its 90-year history. Yet the one thing it has never had is a Florida-born player. Until Monday when Fargo Force junior hockey team forward Gabe Guertler committed to the Gophers.

“I just had a gut feeling I guess,” said Guertler, 16, who is a junior at Fargo South. “I knew that it was the school for me and I had the feeling that of out of all the schools I could have chosen, this was the best.”

Guertler’s commitment is another example of Minnesota getting away from the old recruiting model it once used.

Back in the day, things were simple. Unless a kid was from Albert Lea, that was about as far south as the University of Minnesota would go for a hockey player.

At least that’s the way it used to be.

Things have changed. Gone are the days of the “Minnesota-born, Minnesota-bred” philosophy that was used for recruiting players and winning national championships. Minnesota, these days, is like any other program. The goal is to win. Win at all costs regardless of where a player may be from.

“I remember a time where every kid on their roster was from Minnesota,” said Fargo Force junior hockey team coach John Marks, who played and coached against Minnesota while at the University of North Dakota. “Unless, it was a goaltender, they went to Canada to get those.”

Yes, Minnesota has still employed the thought of getting what’s considered to be the state’s best talent, but it has also branched out.

Because Guertler hasn’t signed a National Letter of Intent, the school cannot talk about him.

But when asked about where they’ve recruited players, there’s a long list of locales that until recently didn’t involve the Sunshine State.

The program has had players from Alaska, California, Colorado, North Dakota, Ohio and Pennsylvania. It’s also recruited players from Finland and as the woman from the Gophers hockey office joked, “The guy from Austria who was kind of good when he was here.”

Of course, that guy being Thomas Vanek. And “kind of good” means he helped Minnesota win the 2003 National Championship.

“I think it is pretty exciting to be the first one from (Florida) to play there,” Guertler said. “It should be a good opportunity because they are taking a chance with someone different and I’m excited to be a guy on the team from a place where no one else is from.”

And see here’s where Guertler represents the huge culture shift that has been taking place in college hockey.

Yeah, he’s no Minnesota kid. We’ve been over that. But being from Florida, a place that has started to etch its place in the nation’s hockey landscape, meant he didn’t grow up with a favorite college team or the need to play in a specific conference that may or may not exist depending on the day of the week.

But it has given Guertler an advantage. The advantage of seeing a campus and not being caught up in the mystique a certain place may give a person. And that’s saying a lot considering his final options were Denver, North Dakota and Minnesota, which are all perennial powers.

“My family is excited that I committed,” said Guertler, whose father grew up in St. Paul. “They would have supported me wherever I went and have been proud of me wherever I would have gone.”

Now he’s going to a place where he’ll be the first of his kind.

But surely not the last.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/335344/group/Sports/

Go Gophers!!

Well JackiO,

We're not done. It is great vibes back for the team... and recruiting.

I just can't believe that having Guentzel back is making that much of a difference. I guess I never realized how big of a blow it was when he left. It coincided with our downfall the last few years..... Just makes you realize how important coaching really is....

Makes me even more worried about Lucia. Could you imagine if we had a good head coach too? I still get pissed off about that comment that guy made on your twitter account about how Notre Dame and Minnesota are all living in the past we'll never be what we once were. He is going to eat crow hard.

BTW... how is Ben Marshall looking in practice? Is he standing out? Has he put weight on?

Its about time we have some good Gopher Hockey talk on this board and I love your blog, Hammy. Please keep posting here...especially with recruiting updates. I miss the old Pride On Ice web site...

Its about time we have some good Gopher Hockey talk on this board and I love your blog, Hammy. Please keep posting here...especially with recruiting updates. I miss the old Pride On Ice web site...

Don't you ever check out gopherpucklive? or the uscho forums?

Don't you ever check out gopherpucklive? or the uscho forums?

I do but they don't seem to be as active as the old Pride on Ice web site was. GopherPuckLive is starting to pick up now with more recruiting news with the recent commitments. There are a ton of very smart hockey-minds on that site. Let's go Fasching and Mario....make this a complete recruiting class!

I do but they don't seem to be as active as the old Pride on Ice web site was. GopherPuckLive is starting to pick up now with more recruiting news with the recent commitments. There are a ton of very smart hockey-minds on that site. Let's go Fasching and Mario....make this a complete recruiting class!

I think I would rather have Cammarratta over Mario but if Mario wants to come and we get all three that would be pretty sick. However, you have to start monitoring how many spots we will have available since we already have so many committed. We are are still going to need to bring in some D.

Bischoff and Mccoshen hopefully.....

I spend most of my time on Twitter and GPL so I don't come here as often. But I will stop by at times and contribute.

It will be interesting what Mario does. I get the feeling he is waiting it out to see where Notre Dame ends up for a conference. I'll be surprised if he picks Notre Dame if they decide to be a part of Hockey East. That would obviously mean Mario isn't playing around the MN area much.

I feel pretty good about Fasching. But I think he'll be a little while yet before he decides.

I think I would rather have Cammarratta over Mario but if Mario wants to come and we get all three that would be pretty sick. However, you have to start monitoring how many spots we will have available since we already have so many committed. We are are still going to need to bring in some D.

Bischoff and Mccoshen hopefully.....

I'm not concerned about roster numbers. We have a large sophomore class right now. So we'll have definite needs in 2014 (and some of these guys will be coming in that year).

No doubt that the focus will be more on defense once we see a few of these forwards finally decide. Could be one happening soon.

I'm not concerned about roster numbers. We have a large sophomore class right now. So we'll have definite needs in 2014 (and some of these guys will be coming in that year).

No doubt that the focus will be more on defense once we see a few of these forwards finally decide. Could be one happening soon.

Realized we may end up having ten openings so there will be a ton of room for guys to come in.

Anyways, not surprised we lost out on Notre Dame for Lucia. I think it was smart on his part to get away from his dad. Do you know anything on the recruitment of Bischoff since he is a legacy player and seems to be extremely solid and worthy of an offer?

I hear defensive recruiting may be a little more patient on the next move. If nobody went pro on defense, the Gophers will have everybody returning next year plus potential add ons in Skjei and Reilly. If somebody like Alt goes pro next spring, we'd still have nine potential d-men for 2012 (and only Helgeson would be a senior). So we really don't have much need to fill right now on defense for 2012 or 2013. I guess we'll see though. Things could always change if they like somebody a lot and feel they have to become more aggressive sooner.

I hear defensive recruiting may be a little more patient on the next move. If nobody went pro on defense, the Gophers will have everybody returning next year plus potential add ons in Skjei and Reilly. If somebody like Alt goes pro next spring, we'd still have nine potential d-men for 2012 (and only Helgeson would be a senior). So we really don't have much need to fill right now on defense for 2012 or 2013. I guess we'll see though. Things could always change if they like somebody a lot and feel they have to become more aggressive sooner.

I definitely get what you are saying. It seems to me that some of the potential defenseman that we would be pursuing would be of the talent level where they would probably like to play right away once they are eligible to play collegiality. Still to me it seems like you would want to bring in 1 or 2 of these high talent guys regardless to create competition at the least. Who knows if guys like Mccoshen and Bischoff and Lewis would be willing to play an extra year of juniors before coming in...I guess that would be the major factor in pursuing some of them.

Also, I am quite surprised that we haven't had a Fasching commitment yet. I mean it seems to me that he is a die hard gopher fan, along with his family, and he would like to stay close to home. Add those factors along with the fact one of his former teammates and line mates in high school has already committed leaves me wondering why we haven't landed him yet. Have his allegiances truly been set aside to further his career or is he just waiting to see how the gophers do with Lucia on the rocks? I thought he was a shoe in.

Finally on cammaratta. Lets say he commits to the U. How worried would you be about him playing Canadian juniors and how long do you think he would ultimately play in college if he chose to do so? Cammaratta and Fasching seem to me seem like 1 and 2 or done players for sure.

I definitely get what you are saying. It seems to me that some of the potential defenseman that we would be pursuing would be of the talent level where they would probably like to play right away once they are eligible to play collegiality. Still to me it seems like you would want to bring in 1 or 2 of these high talent guys regardless to create competition at the least. Who knows if guys like Mccoshen and Bischoff and Lewis would be willing to play an extra year of juniors before coming in...I guess that would be the major factor in pursuing some of them.

It is pretty uncommon to have more than 8 defensemen on a roster. We will already be plenty covered for next year as it is. I could see them going for a guy that can come in 2013 if needed to cover our bases. But I don't see a ton of need with what we know right now.

Also, I am quite surprised that we haven't had a Fasching commitment yet.

I'm not surprised at all. He has the luxury of taking his time because he knows the offers will still be there months from now. It would not surprise me if we don't know anything from him until next spring/summer.

How worried would you be about him playing Canadian juniors and how long do you think he would ultimately play in college if he chose to do so? Cammaratta and Fasching seem to me seem like 1 and 2 or done players for sure.

Not at all worried about Cammarata playing Canadian Juniors. I can agree that Fasching is going to be a short timer in college. Maybe two seasons at best. I disagree with you on Cammarata. The kid is small. Even the very best small players in college hockey tend to play three or four years.

It is pretty uncommon to have more than 8 defensemen on a roster. We will already be plenty covered for next year as it is. I could see them going for a guy that can come in 2013 if needed to cover our bases. But I don't see a ton of need with what we know right now.

I'm not surprised at all. He has the luxury of taking his time because he knows the offers will still be there months from now. It would not surprise me if we don't know anything from him until next spring/summer.

Not at all worried about Cammarata playing Canadian Juniors. I can agree that Fasching is going to be a short timer in college. Maybe two seasons at best. I disagree with you on Cammarata. The kid is small. Even the very best small players in college hockey tend to play three or four years.

Fair enough on all of your points.

If anyone other than the U lands Hudson, that would be a HUGE and utterly disaster fail. Everything has pointed toward him coming to the U, clearly. I just know guys that were at his level or even higher like Erik Johnson, Blake Wheeler or Nick Bjugstadt who wasted no time in committing to the program. I'm just wondering what he is waiting for. What is the point in waiting if you already know what you want to do? I just find it kind of shocking knowing that he isn't as sure as everyone made him out to be about going to the U. That's all I meant.

I certainly hope Taylor grows just a little bit more...He's listed at 5'6 on the USHL website. I thought he was 5'8 or 5'9 but wow...that is pretty small.

Top Bottom