New Hampshire looks good on offnese, nice young QB

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
After watching these highlights from last weeks win against Holy Cross I came away pretty impressed. Our defense is going to have it's hands full. Make sure to watch the trick play at 0:37, a little like Favre used to do.

This makes me feel better. He's not making any type of post snap reads. He just gets it out quickly to his first receiver. As long as we're not playing the Cosgrove defense, any type of press defense is going to rattle him and or lead to a pick six.

It's Holy Cross...calm down.

Our recent history

North Dakota St 2011 336 yds offense 37 pts

South Dakota St 2010 444 yds offense 41 pts

I don't care who it is, we have a lot to prove against the small schools.

It's Holy Cross...calm down.

I don't want to get high and mighty, but this highlight reel pales in comparison to the ones from last year's NH squad i've seen.

Holy cross blocked their Dline very well.
No long breakaways from the NH offense makes me think their speed isn't incredible.
I like our defense against their O unless they end up finding some ways to get behind the secondary.
I like our lines v theirs alot more after watching this. We should be able to run the ball, pass protect and stuff the run. The quick passes will have to be defended properly with good technique and leverage, but I'm feeling much better having watched this.

Not sure who did this video, but it made the game seem a lot closer than it actually was. It missed multiple UNH tds (UNH 50 yard td pass) and multiple interceptions. This may not change your opinion, but that was not a highlight video....

Not sure who did this video, but it made the game seem a lot closer than it actually was. It missed multiple UNH tds (UNH 50 yard td pass) and multiple interceptions. This may not change your opinion, but that was not a highlight video....

Fair enough, not trying to rip or demean, but your squad looked more impressive in the videos you posted from 2011 IMO.

Fair enough, not trying to rip or demean, but your squad looked more impressive in the videos you posted from 2011 IMO.

Agreed. Those 2011 videos were highlights done by the UNH athletic department I believe, which is why they might look like world beaters. Show me a highlight video from the Gophers last year...even as bad as they were, I bet they would look like national champs! UNH will be able to pass the ball, they are very good in that regard, the question is, can the gophers pressure Goldrich into sacks, interceptions, incompletions....He wasnt touched last Thursday.

Love how the video producer edited in natural sound...It's pretty obvious that much of it didn't match in the first minute or so.

By the way, I'm not impressed with their QB's arm strength. The tackling by HC was pretty poor as well.

I'm gonna go on the record and say the Gophers win this 38-13.

The Gopher coaches will have better film to work with, so I trust them to come up with a good scheme. From what little you can tell on the edited highlights, it looks like the NH QB gets rid of the ball very quickly - no way to know if that's just their style, or they don't trust their OL to pass-protect on a long pass play.

Holy Cross did miss some tackles, and appeared to be giving a sizable cushion to the NH receivers.

Bottom Line - The Gophs cannot take any opponent for granted. I expect a close game, and I will be very happy with a win of any margin.

If Gray is able to hit some of his receivers down field early, NH's D is going to have a difficult time containing his running ability. There were multiple times on the video above where they rushed 3-4, and everyone else bailed at least 10-15 yrds deep leaving half of the field wide open. QB draws and scrambles would net 7-10 yrds a pop and that's if the LB makes the open field tackle.

Granted, I hope our OL can open up enough holes that our RB's can handle the vast majority of the running, but if Gray improves his accuracy early, and we don't make stupid mistakes on 3rd down, we'll put up plenty of points.

NH's passing attack looks solid. Holy Cross' tackling was brutal, and it didn't look like their CB's had much speed allowing NH's WR's to get the corner on them consistently. Our CB's will need to press and be sound tackling. If our DL can get pressure like we did last week, I'm confident we'll be able to handle business.

Top Bottom