New football uniforms prediction poll...

Will the new football uniforms be lucky or sucky?

• Lucky!!!

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Sucky!!!

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters

Cobra

former west banker
Reaction score
Do you think they'll look sharp, or not?

Lucky or sucky?

They will be sharp. Good move unveiling now for recruits to see before signing day.

Yes, they'll look sharp.

Ok, I don't really know, nor do I care that much. But I'm still excite because they are new and because I REALLY like the matte maroon helmet so far.

You need to be on twitter or facebook to, see them early, I believe the public unvieling should be next week.

can somebody who has pictures please post them!

I think they will be crap unfortunately. Nike will destroy them like they have at many other schools.

the new helmet will be unveiled bit by bit this week via twitter, facebook and gophersports.com. with full unveil of it early next week.

the new uniforms will be unveiled sometime in january.

the new helmet will be unveiled bit by bit this week via twitter, facebook and gophersports.com. with full unveil of it early next week.

the new uniforms will be unveiled sometime in january.

It's like the game "just the tip".

maybe we can get legs on the jerseys like the stupid wings on Oregons jerseys,

I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't be upset if our jerseys became pretty modern and somewhat flashy as long as it's not over the top. Although, even through the coaching change, I don't want to see our old jerseys go. I think they're the best jerseys we've had yet. They're not too flashy, but they're not old-school.

I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't be upset if our jerseys became pretty modern and somewhat flashy as long as it's not over the top. Although, even through the coaching change, I don't want to see our old jerseys go. I think they're the best jerseys we've had yet. They're not too flashy, but they're not old-school.

Agreed. I love the jerseys they have now.

lucky

+1 for the current uni crowd, people are gonna hate regardless but I like the way the helmet looks more now more than anything. The outline on the block M is perfect. I can admit that the ones we have now could not be a long term solution though, because the piping will look dated eventually. I'm intrigued by what they are doing with the helmets, but I honestly am not sold on a one side number one side block M look if that's how they decide to go. If we just did numbers on our helmets with a matte maroon I might be able to dig it.

I'm in the minority, but I would love to see the throwbacks once a year against Wisconsin, Iowa, or Michigan.

Ski U Master said:
Boise's have the idiotic gradient on the numbers and I hate the same color jersey and pants, the Florida one is fine. The compression sleeves are horrible.

Disagree here - I like the compression sleeves with the Nike jerseys. Adds an extra color like a gold.

interesting tweet?

Screen Shot 2011-12-16 at 10.31.43 AM.jpg

A little nugget here, I wonder if Goldy makes it on the uniform somehow? Maybe face on the helmet? Or stripe design made to look like a gopher?

Had a brief message from Coach Kill indicating that the major uniforms changes were made before he arrived, so it sounds like "tweaking" may be the order of the day rather than dramatic changes.

Had a brief message from Coach Kill indicating that the major uniforms changes were made before he arrived, so it sounds like "tweaking" may be the order of the day rather than dramatic changes.

When was this?

The only uniform 'news' from coach Kill I recall was last summer, someone asked him during a presser/Q&A about him changing the uniforms, and he basically said, it was too late to do anything with them for this year (meaning the '11 season) but also admitted that at that moment he didn't know of or had any plans.

I have to admit, when I saw the sneak peek pics on Twitter I was intrigued. The deep maroon matte helmets look sweet, and it looks like player numbers will be featured on the helmets somewhere, as well as U-M lettering, both in a small, block font.

They also confirmed on Twitter, that the sides of the helmet will NOT contain the likeness of Coach Kill. So no need to speculate there!

When was this?

The only uniform 'news' from coach Kill I recall was last summer, someone asked him during a presser/Q&A about him changing the uniforms, and he basically said, it was too late to do anything with them for this year (meaning the '11 season) but also admitted that at that moment he didn't know of or had any plans.

Just a couple of days ago...

Can I change my vote to Sucky??? I HATE BFBS!!!

Can I change my vote to Sucky??? I HATE BFBS!!!

Of course not...

5884250.jpeg

Top Bottom