New DB prospect Torren McGaster

Decent offers. You'd think after that offer list they'd upgrade him.

Ignore the rating, kids a stud, we'd be lucky if he ended up here, don't hold your breath though.

So is 5"11 acceptable for you guys? How many 6'0 and above corners do you see, especially in college football? If he can cover and tackle than sign him today!

We need COVER corners NOT big corners, DB's who can stay stride for stride with the reciever.

He's not new. We've had an offer out to him for months.

So is 5"11 acceptable for you guys? How many 6'0 and above corners do you see, especially in college football? If he can cover and tackle than sign him today!

We need COVER corners NOT big corners, DB's who can stay stride for stride with the reciever.

Who asked for CBs who are 6'0"?

Looks like Eric Murray and Tyren Hills our the CB commits to date. According to MV, Hills offer might not be "real," so we could definitely use at least 1-2 more in this class.

Mason was the big offender for recruiting undersized corners. There there was some concern that we would make the same mistake, when Kill said, he would sacrifice size for speed. So far all the DB recruits have been normal 5'10 to 6'0 or taller.

nsmike said:
Mason was the big offender for recruiting undersized corners, there there was some concern that we would make the same mistake, when Kill said he would sacrifice size for speed. So far all the DB recruits have been normal 5'10 to 6'0 or taller.

He is not as worried about size as much as team speed. He wants wheels on these guys.

If he really is 5'10" ok, but we don't need any more short small DB's

(LOOK ABOVE)

It wasn't me who said it, but he said that 5'10" was tall enough, he never said 6'0". There is a big difference between those two in terms of recruiting. There are considerably more 5'10" CBs than there are CB's over 6'0".

The kid looks like the total package. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, definitely has a nose for the ball and has quicks.

Academic issues must be in the way of a Gopher offer. What else could it be?

The kid looks like the total package. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, definitely has a nose for the ball and has quicks.

Academic issues must be in the way of a Gopher offer. What else could it be?

I assume you are talking about Webb? If so, yes, academics keeping him from getting BCS offers.

If he really is 5'10" ok, but we don't need any more short small DB's

Marcus Sherels is REALLY short - he was too short to play D1 football in my mind and I was sure he would never see the field. I was wrong. Maybe what counts is how quick they are and how athletic they are not how tall they are. The Vikes seem happy with him.

There seems to have been mutual interest between the U and Torren for a long time. The fact that he's now coming in for an official visit suggests that there is a great chance he will commit. From the attributes that's been described of him he sounds like the kind of player that coach Kill covets. I'm hoping we land him! I just get so freaking nervous when they start courting JUCO's. Being able to coach a guy like this early on makes me feel so much better.

Top Bottom