new commit

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
according to the twitterverse:

cshurburtt JC Shurburtt
RT @LukeStampini: Just confirmed with Joshua Ballesteros LB Miami Central that he committed to Minnesota today. #Gophers

http://soflafootball.247sports.com/Board/25/Miami-Centrals-Ballesteros-COMMITS-to-Minnesota-2567151

Just spoke with Ballesteros and the former Miami Edison LB, who has since transfered to Miami Central confirmed he committed to Minnesota linebacker coach Bill Miller.

"He was ecstatic," Ballesteros said of telling coach Miller the news.

Ballesteros also had an offer from Western Michigan, but the Minnesota offer, which came in two weeks ago was too much to pass up.

"Oh man I just like the program," Ballesteros said. "I just love the program."

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound linebacker says he will most likely visit the University of Minnesota campus later this summer and considers his commitment firm.

"My commitment is solid."

Has some nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIzS-hdY3sc

These are the type of guys I am hoping Kill gets on early in the process. I am very confident in our staff's ability to evaluate talent; get the foot in the door before the summer camp/recruiting period.

I like that video, he looks very fast and athletic, a red-shirt year to bulk him up some and he should be fine. Welcome aboard!

I love getting these types early like this, tells me the coaching staff really wanted the kid, makes me feel more confident they fit what they're looking for, rather than just trying to fill in spots.

I love getting these types early like this, tells me the coaching staff really wanted the kid, makes me feel more confident they fit what they're looking for, rather than just trying to fill in spots.

I agree. Besides speed and quickness from what I have been told character really does matter with this coaching staff.

I would hope he's choose Minny over W.Michigan! Welcome aboard!!

I would hope he's choose Minny over W.Michigan! Welcome aboard!!

Well, he could have waited for more offers, considering how early it is in the process, he would have likely seen more, whether they were BCS quality or not. But obviously Kill sold him on the program and he decided to get it done now instead of wait.

Well, he could have waited for more offers, considering how early it is in the process, he would have likely seen more, whether they were BCS quality or not. But obviously Kill sold him on the program and he decided to get it done now instead of wait.

This might be the best option for Kill right now considering where the program is at as far as lack of winning and national exposure. Best bet might be to gamble a bit and get in early on some kids that he thinks will develop during their senior year of h.s. and throughout their college careers.

Is there a QB from Texas they're looking at? Not sure if he's for this year or 2012, but I think Colorado was interested, at least until Hawkins got fired? Someone mentioned his name but I had never heard of the guy.

This might be the best option for Kill right now considering where the program is at as far as lack of winning and national exposure. Best bet might be to gamble a bit and get in early on some kids that he thinks will develop during their senior year of h.s. and throughout their college careers.

That's the thing. Kill's track record says he doesn't gamble (at least not by his standards). If he offers early that means he is sure about a player. That does not mean the player will pan out. It just means Kill is more judicious with the extension of offers this early.

Excellent point.

Top Bottom