New coach Pitino blog post!

Great read. Not sure which freshman I'm most excited about. At first it was Dorsey, then it was Murphy, now it might be McBrayer. Even Gilbert has me intrigued.

Didn't realize fitz was 6'8" should be fun to watch these guys develop and how Coffey, Curry and Hurt mesh in next year. I am also excited Pitino went with my idea of old guys vs new guys for the scrimmage. Wish I could go, wanted to see fitz and lynch, never understood why transfers can't play in exhibitions, but they can in closed door scrimmages like the one vs Iowa state last year

Didn't realize fitz was 6'8" should be fun to watch these guys develop and how Coffey, Curry and Hurt mesh in next year. I am also excited Pitino went with my idea of old guys vs new guys for the scrimmage. Wish I could go, wanted to see fitz and lynch, never understood why transfers can't play in exhibitions, but they can in closed door scrimmages like the one vs Iowa state last year

What he's saying about McBrayer and Fitz is extremely encouraging. With Fitz next year things should get fun. Surprised he list Lynch as 6'-9", the guy may be a force down low but that's not very big for a guy that isn't known for his hops or speed.

I've got my money on Kontae at ~7' and explosive as hell for his size to be a beast the next few years.

Great read but man if these updates don't bum me out about Jarvis. Really hope he is able to play somewhere eventually.

It will be nice to have so much size starting next year, particularly at SF where we've had some serious mismatches guarding there in recent years. Glad Aaron White will finally be gone. It felt like he played 6 years.

I've got to admit I'm having a hard time keeping all the newcomers straight, and this is from someone who's been into the recruiting narrative over the past few years. I need to see some games to differentiate McBrayer from Dorsey from Gilbert from Fitzgerald. Hopefully they're all so damn good I still can't tell the difference!

I've got to admit I'm having a hard time keeping all the newcomers straight, and this is from someone who's been into the recruiting narrative over the past few years. I need to see some games to differentiate McBrayer from Dorsey from Gilbert from Fitzgerald. Hopefully they're all so damn good I still can't tell the difference!
Based on my understanding they are all quite different so once we see who is who should be easy. As Pitino had said(I think), all 4 could play together.

While we probably won't be very good this year, I'm excited to see how the freshman contribute right away. I think we'll be a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to see how the freshman develop throughout the season. Next year's squad has the potential to be very good.

"Our message has been simple and consistent: youth isn’t an excuse."

Love that message. Hope it sticks with it all season.

While we probably won't be very good this year, I'm excited to see how the freshman contribute right away. I think we'll be a lot of fun to watch. Looking forward to see how the freshman develop throughout the season. Next year's squad has the potential to be very good.

Agreed.

Good read but a little concerned that Joey king is our best shooter. He's a hard worker and good kid and I do love him on this team but we should have better shooters than him on this team.

Good read but a little concerned that Joey king is our best shooter. He's a hard worker and good kid and I do love him on this team but we should have better shooters than him on this team.
He shot 41% from three last year.

He shot 41% from 3pt range last year. Top ten in the league. Why is that concerning?

He shot 41% from 3pt range last year. Top ten in the league. Why is that concerning?

I really shouldn't have to explain it to you. Love Joey but he is a flawed and very limited player. We shouldn't have to rely on someone who would be a bench player on most teams. It is where we are right now so I don't expect much from the team this year.

It's not hard to explain, Joey is a good shooter, a hard worker. Rebounding is an issue. He's a guy with flaws that I root for. This is not new info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really shouldn't have to explain it to you. Love Joey but he is a flawed and very limited player. We shouldn't have to rely on someone who would be a bench player on most teams. It is where we are right now so I don't expect much from the team this year.

Can you see how these two don't quite go together?

I really shouldn't have to explain it to you. Love Joey but he is a flawed and very limited player. We shouldn't have to rely on someone who would be a bench player on most top 25 teams. It is where we are right now so I don't expect much from the team this year.

FIFY. There are 350ish teams playing D1 basketball and I'd bet Joey king would start for about 80%(or more) of them.

I love Joey bashing threads because it just comes down to he doesn't get enough rebounds. That's just about the only thing you can say about him.

I love Joey bashing threads because it just comes down to he doesn't get enough rebounds. That's just about the only thing you can say about him.

When was the last time we had a big white player who people liked?

When was the last time we had a big white player who people liked?

Zach Puchtel was pretty popular when he got in and started tearing down rebounds.

Spence was poplar with most... not I though.

Maybe you have to go back to Kevin McHale.

He also doesn't create his own shot. Not trying to bash him cuz I think he is a hard worker and important to the team but when u think about it what does that say about the rest of the team when he is your best shooter. That is why I am a little concerned about this season.

He also doesn't create his own shot. Not trying to bash him cuz I think he is a hard worker and important to the team but when u think about it what does that say about the rest of the team when he is your best shooter. That is why I am a little concerned about this season.

He doesn't usually create off the dribble. But he will occasionally use his pump fake to create a better shot or find a solid pass. Doesn't create in the sense of Morris, but he isn't just a spot up shooter either.

Bullshizzle. He creates plenty of shots. Pump fakes for a one dribble pull up are just as effective as a break your guy down. He has and often does take his man into the post of he is of equal or better size.

Top Bottom