Never happened with Mason

GOPHERFORLIFE

Reaction score
When Mason was coach we blasted teams like this at home. He may have blown some big games like michigan and texas tech but we handled cream puffs at home. How much better does brew crews three years here make him look. They had to make that change, but I would like to think what he could do with brews recruits.:clap:

Technically, it happened at least once with Mason (NDSU, 2006). FYI, I don't think either coaches are pillars in the history of the profession......

Technically, it happened at least once with Mason (NDSU, 2006). FYI, I don't think either coaches are pillars in the history of the profession......

I think that about sums everything up very nicely. We tried to get a better coach so things like this wouldn't happen again!

Mason was definitely a pillar in the history of mediocrity. If Brew doesn't figure out what he needs to do to get these players to show up, he's going to quickly become another. That being said, I'll wait another year and see the adjustment or lack thereof to this playbook.

When Mason was coach we blasted teams like this at home. He may have blown some big games like michigan and texas tech but we handled cream puffs at home. How much better does brew crews three years here make him look. They had to make that change, but I would like to think what he could do with brews recruits.:clap:

Uhhh, we beat North Dakota State 10-9 in like 2006, when they worked us up and down the field and should have won.

Didn't we lose to Ohio U. on our home field too in Mason's early years?

we beat ohio u on there field by 3 tds. All i am saying is look at our non conference schedule from 2002-2006. May have been cream puffs but we took care of buisness.

We've seen 1 dominant game under the Brew era and that was a 37-3 victory over FAU.......

Sad.......

minnesota 10 ndsu 9

toledo 38 minneosta 7 (2001)

ohio 23 minnesota 7 ( 2000)

hawaii 17 minnesota 3 (1997)

houston 45 minnesota 43 (1997)

mason sure blasted these guys.

minnesota 10 ndsu 9

We moved away from Mason so games like this wouldn't take place anymore. Brewster is a complete failure in this regard. Do you think we fired mason just so we could find another mediocre coach to lead us into our new future with our brand new stadium. F no. Mason is by far a better coach. Someone prove me wrong. Until Brewster wins a trophy game, Brewster can't touch Mason's jock. Mason could win with HALF the talent Brewster has at his disposal. But than again....Mason could turn his players he recruited into a player that was ten times better than when they arrived on campus.

Revisionist History

We lost a lot of frustrating games under Mason. Now we've lost some frustrating ones under Brewster. No coach is immune.

minnesota 10 ndsu 9

BREWSTER ERA (Blowouts)

W BGSU 42-17
W FAU 37-3

MASON ERA (Blowouts)

W Iowa State 53-29
W Memphis 41-14
W Iowa 49-7
W Ohio 33-7
W UL-Monroe 35-0
W Illinois State 55-7
W Northwestern 33-14
W Indiana 44-20
-------------------------
***AFTER YEAR 3***
W UL-Monroe 47-10
W Baylor 34-9
W UL-Lafayette 44-14
W Murray State 66-10
W Texas State 42-0
W Louisiana-Lafayette 35-11
W Buffalo 41-17
W Illinois 31-10
W Michigan State 28-7
W Tulsa 49-0
W Troy 48-7
W Ohio 42-20
W Louisiana-Lafayette 48-14
W Northwestern 42-17
W Illinois 36-10
W Indiana 55-7
W Toledo 63-21
W Colorado State 34-16
W Illinois 45-0
W Tulsa 41-10
W Colorado State 56-24
W FAU 46-7
W Indiana 42-21
W Michigan State 41-18
W Kent State 44-0
W Temple 62-0
W Indiana 63-26

Do you really wanna do this?

Hahahaha --- point -- thailleagle.

You don't come back from that one -- that was a knockout punch...

When Mason beat North Dakota State 10-9, we were totally dominated in that game. North Dakota State outgained the Gophers by 130 yards and have 22 more plays. That was a total butt-whoopin' and it was in Mason's tenth year, not his third.

I don't know if Brewster is the guy, but Mason surely wasn't either.

thailleagle, in how many of those big Mason wins were his first string still taking snaps midway through the 4th quarter? That always seemed to be my recollection.

Plus, we're missing out on all the bonus points you get by running up big margins.

BTW, I hear Ferentz is out @ Iowa because of all these close games against weak teams. Maybe he'd have better luck here?

Plus, we're missing out on all the bonus points you get by running up big margins.

BTW, I hear Ferentz is out @ Iowa because of all these close games against weak teams. Maybe he'd have better luck here?

Ferentz has a few Big Ten titles under his belt.......

BREWSTER ERA (Blowouts)

W BGSU 42-17
W FAU 37-3

MASON ERA (Blowouts)

W Iowa State 53-29
W Memphis 41-14
W Iowa 49-7
W Ohio 33-7
W UL-Monroe 35-0
W Illinois State 55-7
W Northwestern 33-14
W Indiana 44-20
***AFTER YEAR 3***
W UL-Monroe 47-10
W Baylor 34-9
W UL-Lafayette 44-14
W Murray State 66-10
W Texas State 42-0
W Louisiana-Lafayette 35-11
W Buffalo 41-17
W Illinois 31-10
W Michigan State 28-7
W Tulsa 49-0
W Troy 48-7
W Ohio 42-20
W Louisiana-Lafayette 48-14
W Northwestern 42-17
W Illinois 36-10
W Indiana 55-7
W Toledo 63-21
W Colorado State 34-16
W Illinois 45-0
W Tulsa 41-10
W Colorado State 56-24
W FAU 46-7
W Indiana 42-21
W Michigan State 41-18
W Kent State 44-0
W Temple 62-0
W Indiana 63-26

Do you really wanna do this?

this is a red herring.

the title of the post was "never happened with mason" a truly mind-numbing statement, and you try to change the argument to "mason had more blowout victories".

this is a red herring.

the title of the post was "never happened with mason" a truly mind-numbing statement, and you try to change the argument to "mason had more blowout victories".

Next time you might want to read what transpired in the thread instead of just staring blankly at the title... :cool:

Missing the Point!

I think the poster was trying to convey the message that, "Brewster is in way over his head"! Mason had the big inflatable toilet to recruit kids and look at what he did! He brought this school back from the dead! He brought in NFL caliber kids and he won big games and actually won some trophy games. Was Mason the answer? No! However, he deserves some credit for bringing the U back to some sort of respectability! I love Brews energy and excitement but each year his teams seem to get worse as the year goes on and he seems to lack any talent to adjust to adversity! bRING ON THE CHUCKY CHEESE BOWL!

What a joke...where the he## have you been.....Check the score of the NDSU game 2006...NDSU had many chances to win that game as well.....I'm not happy with the result today either in fact it doesn't even seem like a win....but before you start blasting comments like this check your facts !!!

Top Bottom