Never Forget, Never Forgive

Stan

Reaction score
One of many reasons why WE HATE IOWA.

Should've teargassed and tazed the whole bunch, kept them on the field until the rest of the crowd left and arrested them all.

I get it, but why give them the satisfaction of having it up on our board?

I get it, but why give them the satisfaction of having it up on our board?

Because it is a good reminder of why we hate Iowa. To see that is absolutely disgusting. That has to be one of the lowliest, if not the lowliest day in gopher fb history.

Because it is a good reminder of why we hate Iowa. To see that is absolutely disgusting. That has to be one of the lowliest, if not the lowliest day in gopher fb history.

I wasn't there, anyone remember why they weren't arrested/beaten/gassed/tazed? Or why gopher fans there didn't resist?

I was there. It would never have happened if the Dome staff had not put a noise over the
speakers which was a threat to any one who was left in the Dome's hearing. The people on
the field were actually about to leave. They were celebrating a Big 10 Championship with
the Iowa band. The Dome staff was in a hurry to get people off the field and played the
most ungodly noise that I have ever heard. I and many other fans were not on the field, but
were unable to exit the stands because of the large crowd. When the Dome staff tried their strong arm tactics, it pissed the people on the field off and that is when they took down the goal post.

I was there. It would never have happened if the Dome staff had not put a noise over the
speakers which was a threat to any one who was left in the Dome's hearing. The people on
the field were actually about to leave. They were celebrating a Big 10 Championship with
the Iowa band. The Dome staff was in a hurry to get people off the field and played the
most ungodly noise that I have ever heard. I and many other fans were not on the field, but
were unable to exit the stands because of the large crowd. When the Dome staff tried their strong arm tactics, it pissed the people on the field off and that is when they took down the goal post.

Wow, just wow....

Starting the end of the 3rd qtr. maybe earlier, there were announcements regarding the Gopher band playing a post game concert immediately after the game. It was also announced after the game that the MetroDome staff had to clear the field in preparation for the Vikings game the next day. I watched the band gather in the tunnel look around and wait, then finally they went outside. I heard repeated announcements asking for the field to be cleared. 15 to 20 minutes after the game, I left telling some remaining Gopher and Hawkeye fans, I was afraid this could get ugly. I had no trouble whatsoever leaving.

All there had been warned.

Top Bottom