Nevada

Gotta get the W this week. Iowa can be beat!
Yes, he played until PJ started pulling the starters in the early 4th quarter. Looking at the boxscore, it seems off as Mav and Cody combined for 1 tackle vs. URI, when they had a combined 21 vs. UNC. They both played the first three quarters.

This won’t be the walkover game it appeared to be a few months ago. The new staff has Nevada playing much better. The defense is going to get tested a little this week. Nevada has a pretty balanced attack and put up almost 500 yards against Georgia Southern this weekend. On defense they are quick on the edges and have been pretty solid against the run the first three games. The short passes we hit on this weekend might be more difficult this week. Brosmer might have to throw downfield more to open up the short game and the run. They are 1-2 but are very close to being 3-0. They let the SMU game get away late and lost to the Eagles by a field goal even though they almost doubled them up in yardage. I hope I’m wrong, but the Gophers could get tripped up this week if they don’t continue to progress. Game will be close at the half but we should win it in the 4th.

Wasn't he a 4 star LB that picked Sconnie? Or am I thinking someone else.
Yes, same one. I knew he entered the portal, guess I didn't know he ended up at Nevada. Wasn't the story that PJ didn't offer him, or at least didn't prioritize him? Or was that the "we cooled on him" BS? If so, it would appear he was vindicated. He has 11 tackles through 3 games, so it seems he's getting playing time there.

Yes, same one. I knew he entered the portal, guess I didn't know he ended up at Nevada. Wasn't the story that PJ didn't offer him, or at least didn't prioritize him? Or was that the "we cooled on him" BS? If so, it would appear he was vindicated. He has 11 tackles through 3 games, so it seems he's getting playing time there.

Correct. Minnesota was one of his first offers and he was on campus on unofficial visits several times.

But, he didn't have a very impressive senior season, so by the time signing day came he didn't have many committable offers. Minnesota kept the offer on the table because he was in-state, but didn't work it all that hard in recruiting him (much to the chagrin of many Gopher fans, as the kid was ranked high, but his play didn't match the ranking). I believe it appeared Nebraska was going to snag him late from Oregon State and then Wisconsin came in to get his commitment on signing day or close to it after they had a de-commit. He was a non-factor in Madison, making 29 tackles in four years as a Badger.

Last edited:

Yes. He tipped a pass which allowed Koi Perich to grab his first INT.
Interesting that he has 11 tackles against UNC and zero on Saturday. He had two passes defensed. Curious to know his snap count and if Fleck possibly limited his snaps a bit.

Kaden Johnson . . . isn’t he from Rock Ridge?

Interesting that he has 11 tackles against UNC and zero on Saturday. He had two passes defensed. Curious to know his snap count and if Fleck possibly limited his snaps a bit.
Rhode Island didn't run the ball that much either.

I watched most of the Nevada/Georgia Southern game. My impression was that they have a good rushing game, QB can run well and execute short passing game well, but not much of a threat for mid-long range throws. Defense is decent, but nothing special. Nevada had every chance to win the game, but didn't take advantage of their chances.

Our leading tackler had 3 tackles. RI didn’t have the ball much and when they did it was incompletion. Wouldn’t worry about the tackle numbers.

I feel like we’ll roll Nevada. We got some mojo back against Rhode Island. Jump on them early and make them pass. We destroyed their QB the first time we played Colorado and again when he split time at Colorado. I doubt he stands much better odds in his third time facing us. Unless our offense makes loads of mistakes and our run defense is garbage this one shouldn’t be close.

I feel like we’ll roll Nevada. We got some mojo back against Rhode Island. Jump on them early and make them pass. We destroyed their QB the first time we played Colorado and again when he split time at Colorado. I doubt he stands much better odds in his third time facing us. Unless our offense makes loads of mistakes and our run defense is garbage this one shouldn’t be close.
Yup. They just lost 20-17 to Georgia Southern at home. Doubt they put up more than 10 on Saturday.

Top Bottom