Nebraska not scouting gophers?

mplsbadger

Reaction score
"There was more work in the offseason, that's for sure," said Pelini. "We always spend some time [watching tape of] new opponents -- we just had a lot more to do this year. But we were fairly selective, how we went about it. You don't have to watch every single game to know who people are, just to get a general idea what you're going to be dealing with. We didn't watch the teams we're playing at the very end of the year, and one [Michigan] just had a coaching change."

http://m.si.com/news/cfb_sp/to_cfb_...onid=A93F2E5026AF87CF4C518677A1BE4198.cnnsi2b

Looking at last years tape of the Gophers would be a waste of time. They have four non conference games and two conference games to scout the new schemes it should be sufficent.

Don't the Gophers have a new coach and new systems that have never been on tape?

I agree, they will scout the Gophers, but the Gophers will be so different from last year that they won't bother with 2010 footage, and instead use footage from the early 2011 games.

I didn't like the fact that he said 'one had a coaching change'. Makes it seems like they are not worried about the Gophers.

They also have a bye week leading up to the Gopher game to prepare.

I didn't like the fact that he said 'one had a coaching change'. Makes it seems like they are not worried about the Gophers.

I like it when they don't take the Gophers seriously. Increases the chances of stealing a win.

Jesus what a stupid thread. Let's really analyze this comment, instead of reading it and trying to make it what you will:

"We didn't watch the teams we're playing at the very end of the year, and one [Michigan] just had a coaching change."

Right off the bat he refers to "teams we're playing at the very end of the year"; so he takes the Gophers out of the discussion immediately since we are playing smack-dab in the middle of the year. Let's say that the "very end of the year" refers to the last 4 games (trying to be generous here, probably more like 3); then Pelini is absolutely right, of those teams, only Michigan had a coaching change.

But hey, obviously this means that the Gophers suck and Nebraska isn't even going to scout them........ clearly. {smfh}

I don't need new stuff to be PO'd at them about, I am still PO'd from the games 20 years ago.

Top Bottom