Nebraska is trying to get out of playing Oklahoma on Sept. 18

Someone in the comments thinks the B1G Conference is forcing Nebraska to try to cancel and that it's not the School making the decision, which is absurd.

Frost needs every win possible to save his job next season. Oklahoma was never going to be one of them...
Maybe but I'm not sure beatting little sisters of the poor and still sucking generally... and being the guy who wanted to dodge historic game with Oklahoma ... will change much.

And to think of all those 63-3, 59-0, and yes, 84-13 type pour-it-on Ws they put on teams in the past. I hope the Sooners game is played, and may OU use the “Bielema Card” early and often.

How embarrassing for Nebraska fans.

Iowa State doesn't seem like it has a problem playing Oklahoma.

But Neb knows they would get just b__ch slapped in Norman, and that next season will likely be another losing year and may see the end of Scott Frost in Lincoln, something just inconceivable when he was hired. He was supposed to be Saban. What a joke

I hope they lose to Kent St instead.
I mean we didn't lose but anytime they come up, I'm all:

tenor.gif

Kent St has an excellent head coach, former Wisc player and coach/coordinator for Dino Babers at Bowling Green and then Syracuse.

That would be a huge mistake to schedule them.

A lot can change before OU and Nebraska play, if that happens at all, but at this
point I would say OU would whip them like rented mules. But myself I am ready for some
Gopher Football.

I've defended Nebraska from a lot of mockery over the years.

Lincoln is my favorite road trip destination as a Gopher fan; awesome weekend and great place to see a game. I think they were a great addition to the B1G, despite the on-field struggles.

But this is beyond shameful and pathetic.

One thing I can say with 100% confidence, you would never see Fleck trying to pull a stunt like this (or support it if it is coming from the AD level).

I have just read the Lincoln and Omaha newspapers and the columns wriiten this AM by the FB beat writers, who put Homer Hartman to shame in their love for NE FB, were irate.
Now the Hillbilly NE AD just issued a statement that indeed they wanted another home game, the OK game is in Norman, to help the local economy that suffered when the 2020 football season imploded .
That takes first prize as an AD weasel statement.
The word is that OK leaked the news that NE wanted out.
Frosty must not think much of his 2021 team.

I have just read the Lincoln and Omaha newspapers and the columns wriiten this AM by the FB beat writers, who put Homer Hartman to shame in their love for NE FB, were irate.
Now the Hillbilly NE AD just issued a statement that indeed they wanted another home game, the OK game is in Norman, to help the local economy that suffered when the 2020 football season imploded .
That takes first prize as an AD weasel statement.
The word is that OK leaked the news that NE wanted out.
Frosty must not think much of his 2021 team.

I'm kinda amused at the idea of OK leaking it...

Granted if it was cancelled...OK would absolutely want to say "hey we didn't cancel..they did". They don't want to take the flack.

"Due to the economic devastation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic to Husker Athletics and the local community, our administration did explore the possibility of adding an eighth home game this fall," Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos said in a statement Friday afternoon. "That option would have helped us mitigate cost-cutting measures and provide a much-needed boost to our local economy. Ultimately, the decision was made to move forward with our game at Oklahoma in 2021.

Earlier Friday, Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione responded to media inquiries on the matter by tweeting that the Sooners expected the game to go on..

"We've been looking forward to celebrating these two storied programs and have collaborated on various aspects of what promises to be a special weekend," Castiglione wrote in his tweet. "We fully intend and expect to play the game as it is scheduled."

In 2012, Nebraska and Oklahoma agreed to play a home-and-home series in 2021 and 2022, renewing their rivalry from the Big Eight/Big 12. The teams in 2016 added another home-and-home series for 2029 (Norman) and 2030 (Lincoln).

Oklahoma and Nebraska last played each other in the 2010 Big 12 championship game. The Cornhuskers joined the Big Ten the next year.

Oklahoma and Nebraska last played each other in the 2010 Big 12 championship game. The Cornhuskers joined the Big Ten the next year.

Wait....Nebraska played in the Big 12 Championship the year before joining the Big Ten!? I feel like I should have remembered that.

Labor day weekend they open in Champaign for Bret's first game.
Then they get Leipold's Buffalo program for their home opener.
Then down to Norman for an ass-whipping.
Then at Mitch State.
Then homecoming vs NW
Then home vs Harbaugh

How juicy delicious would it be if they were 0-6 coming up to Minneapolis?

Labor day weekend they open in Champaign for Bret's first game.
Then they get Leipold's Buffalo program for their home opener.
Then down to Norman for an ass-whipping.
Then at Mitch State.
Then homecoming vs NW
Then home vs Harbaugh

How juicy delicious would it be if they were 0-6 coming up to Minneapolis?
Weren't they 0-6 in the recent past when Gophs played them?

0-7 sounds like a nice time to fire Frost!

Top Bottom