Nebraska is back...

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Nebraska's million dollar freshman QB, Dylan Raiola, was as good as advertised, hitting 19 of 27 for 238 yards and two TDs, playing two and a half quarters. Matt Rhule built his defense last year - 11th in the nation despite a losing record - and put in his offense this year: the Huskers finally had a running game from TBs instead of the QB. Four RBs got most of the running yardage which totaled 223 yards, for a balance we'd love to have. Colorado next week should be interesting and with a softer schedule this year, Huskers could win 7 to 9 games.

Why do Minnesota football teams look for mediocre, bargain basement or stop-gap quarterbacks? It's Maddening

Wooo back to Pelini era where they still lost to us multiple times

Nebraska's million dollar freshman QB, Dylan Raiola, was as good as advertised, hitting 19 of 27 for 238 yards and two TDs, playing two and a half quarters. Matt Rhule built his defense last year - 11th in the nation despite a losing record - and put in his offense this year: the Huskers finally had a running game from TBs instead of the QB. Four RBs got most of the running yardage which totaled 223 yards, for a balance we'd love to have. Colorado next week should be interesting and with a softer schedule this year, Huskers could win 7 to 9 games.
Look, I get why you are excited after yesterday but there is still a ways to go for Nebraska to be "back".

Now I agree that they probably finish over .500 and make a bowl game (after a ridiculously long stretch of not doing either of those things) but that doesn't constitute being "back" for a program like Nebraska with the aspirations they have and the belief most of their fans have as to where they fit in the college football landscape.

If the gophers go 7-5 30% of the board will be calling for the coach.

Nebraska has a nice schedule though. Big game this week.
Someone between Colorado and Nebraska loses…that’s a win win
Colorado looked very beatable this past week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska win.

Only 30%?

Yes, I am sure that PJ has given that direction to all his recruiters on staff. "Go get a mediocre, bargain basement QB. Nothing else will do."
No, he took his cue from the Vikings, another Minnesota football team that doesn't develop quarterbacks, but rather does slap-dash who-can-we-afford quarterbacks.

Last edited:

Colorado looked very beatable this past week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska win.
Agree
I think NE has a good coach and their bad luck isn’t bad luck. It’s a bad team. Rhule will eventually make them a solid team.

Any native Minnesotan, any actual Gophers fan...needs to have their head examined if they still follow the standings.

They ONLY thing left is friends, barbeque, beer, tailgating.

That Colorado D is trash and while the Colorado O has top shelf weapons, it wasn't particularly impressive against NDSU.

Nebby’s QB looks like the real deal. Coaches probably won’t be afraid to take a little risk and throw down field either.

Leading rusher for Huskers in game 1 was Minnesotan (Holy Angels Academy) Emmett Johnson, with 73 yards on 8 carries.

Leading rusher for Huskers in game 1 was Minnesotan (Holy Angels Academy) Emmett Johnson, with 73 yards on 8 carries.
nebby had 4 RBs get 6 or more carries, with all of them getting touches in the first half. Rhule very different from PJ in that he rotates them very heavily, which I wish we did more

Nebby’s QB looks like the real deal. Coaches probably won’t be afraid to take a little risk and throw down field either.
He might be, but should probably see how he does against a good D before assuming too much. UTEP was 3-9 last year and one of those 3 wins was against Incarnate Word.

Nebraska has WAY more talent than MN, they need a coach to put it together.

Top Bottom